Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: infiltrated private trackers to avoid?!?!

TinkerBell's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I was using the patriot act as an example. It has no limits to infringing on your privacy and it's legal. I'm sure there are many other ways as you mentioned.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Statistics. Ever heard of it? Some people say they lie, but in general they're good imo
    Oh yeah just remembered every tracker have stats with infiltrated guys on the first page.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    It's a joke?
    You cant buy tons of invites from torrent invite sites and on ebay no?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Statistics. Ever heard of it? Some people say they lie, but in general they're good imo
    Oh yeah just remembered every tracker have stats with infiltrated guys on the first page.
    No but you can see the number of members.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    i got a notice from someone when seeding a movie on tl last year... but no troubles with other sites. im still using tl (can't live w/o it but haven't been caught since then)

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    if you are paranoid, then the only tracker u can join is the one you install at your own home. others have people, and people can be spies

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    No but you can see the number of members.
    And how did you sort infiltrated users beside usual ones?by those stats you can say any member its a potential spy,even an admin so it doesent matter too much.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    It's a joke?
    You cant buy tons of invites from torrent invite sites and on ebay no?
    Exactly,i asked if its a joke or not just for curiosity,if that guy really thinks that trade its insecurity.
    Last edited by Louie; 06-17-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    With torrent invite-givers traders and sellers there could be spies on all trackers
    /fixed
    Last edited by cinephilia; 06-17-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Its safe to assume that almost all private trackers that have a history of being traded have most likely been infiltrated,the rest is just a matter of case building and timing.If you are that concerned about security then the best thing to do would be to quit BT altogether.RS and MU are growing really fast and i'd highly recommend them as the next best alternative,with tools like jdownloader you don't even have to spend a dime to get smooth downloads but its best you invest in obtaining a lifetime account.

While you ponder on that,its good to keep off big trackers.If you can find a place with ~2,000 max then the better as 10,000 is barely private.
    If you can't find one then you should start paying more attention to foreign trackers.Statistically its much easier to find MPAA/RIAA spies on commonly known trackers like say TL and these other english 0day trackers than you would say at LM or iplay or PT hence generally safer to leech from them.
    Another option you should look at are non mainstream trackers as they would hardly be a target.The weirder the better,alot of them generally have open signups but for some reason people don't register.What you want is to draw attention away from yourself.

But if you really can't ditch trackers of 100,000 then get yourself behind a VPN or invest in a seedbox.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    And how did you sort infiltrated users beside usual ones?by those stats you can say any member its a potential spy,even an admin so it doesent matter too much.

lol, when people invite other people to harder to get into trackers they usually know them better, thus it's harder (not impossible) for the anti-p2p to infiltrate them.

I can't make it more clear than that. Of course that's generalizing. I said that in my first post. It doesn't mean that it's the absolute truth, it's the most likely version of the truth.

Statistics really aren't your thing, eh? Or probability, the sole concept of it?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast