Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do popular sites prune inactive donators?

Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Apart a few honourable exceptions, sites don't give a shit if you donated or not.
    honourable ? There were some sites which let traders because they donated (against their own rules ), wasn't it?

Money can't (shouldn't) buy everything ...and for example, i don't think that pay to get some invites (or get some GB of UP) is good.

Inactive ?
    As kukushka said :
    account parking and warning staff before going offline also could helped...
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    My philosophy is, if I expect you to do it, then I should bloody do it as well.
    Your philosophy is better than:
    "Do what i say ...but don't do what i do "
    Last edited by Yoann64; 06-19-2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    One more point i wanna bring to your attention is that not everytime u can predict the duration that you are gonna be away for .. FFS if i am shifting into a new house do u think i would come to the IRC and explain the situation to you and then send you a message on the forum just so that i can keep my account .. All these community bullshit trackers are just for namesake or wat? If u trully have a mature community do u think that that they wont understand that you have a life outside internet too? Cmon man throw that high handedness away .. If i am not active then is 1KB taking too much space on your servers disk or wat?
    Last edited by apextwin146; 06-19-2009 at 10:52 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    It's amazing. Somebody complains on here about something that was his fault and stoi already changes something on his site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ^ More spastics joining the parade
    Last edited by apextwin146; 06-19-2009 at 11:17 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i have been thnking of changing that for awhile, for the simple reason that we get 500 new members in a month, but we loose 1200, so the membership always goes down.

it was just coincedence/the push that i needed to do it from this thread.

as for the 1kb of space, thats not really the point, we have had 350,000 members through the doors since dec 2006, so it is best to get rid of those that do not use there account, tbh whats the point of keeping them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    i meant just about donators not the entire 350k army that u have built

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    I don't see stoi in the wrong, and don't see this as his responsibility. The OP was careless and should have taken precautions, but hopefully if and when he finds a referral he will be more careful with the account. The new pruning code is more than generous and won't leave an excuse for this happening again.
    i didn't say it wasn't OP's responsability, i'm just saying that this kind of mistake can happen to anyone. maybe he was busy with something important or maybe he simply forgot about his account, no matter what was the reason of the account loss, no one is infaillible and we're talking about something virtual that it is absolutely normal to forget about when you have an active life-style...
    on the other hand, stoi is able to reenable his account just by snapping his fingers and that's what he should do, knowing that the guy has donated a certain amount of money to his site (which means he's very attached to BCG) but he obviously won't do that, preferring to act like a rigorist without an ounce of humanity...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    hmm actually i cant re-enable his account, its gone into the wilderness.

so i am not acting like a rigorist (stoi goes to check dictionary.com lol)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Thank you for your marvelously contributing comment

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Markociv1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Thank you for your marvelously contributing comment
    And thank you for presenting us with this opportunity .. bty i really cudnt tell if u were being sarcastic there .. But i guess thats inherent in your spastic nature isnt it ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast