Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 2 Hdd Comign Soon!

Poster
    sucks for the 52.5 million of us who already have a ps2.

2. Games   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by brax@27 September 2003 - 22:25
    sucks for the 52.5 million of us who already have a ps2.
    That's true.... good thing I don't have a PS2.

3. Games   -   #13
    how would it make faster loading times? it would only do it for games that support the thing and not many will

4. Games   -   #14
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i dunno it just said in the article

5. Games   -   #15
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@28 September 2003 - 06:57
    how would it make faster loading times? it would only do it for games that support the thing and not many will
    one is more than zero
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    Well, I believe Final Fantasy XI requires the harddrive. I have no idea why, though...

7. Games   -   #17
    hmmm.... PSX huh... Thats an upgrade thats supposed to comming in the next year right? if so, my waranty will allow me to trade it in for the upgraded version B). Yay for procrastinating in teh buying of ps2&#39;s&#33;

Well, I believe Final Fantasy XI requires the harddrive. I have no idea why, though...
    NOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Those bastards&#33;&#33;&#33; im not paying &#036;100 + &#036;50 + (what is it?) &#036;10 a month for 1 game, even if it is ffxi

Edit:Major gramaticle errors, screw spelling .

8. Games   -   #18
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@28 September 2003 - 02:05

It hold hella information thats way to big for the memory card, such as your stats, new levels, patch, ect...

The reason is becuase the information is strored on the harddrive. If you were to die it wouldnt have to reload becuse the harddrive already has it ready.

only reason i would get a hard drive is if with it you could mod the ps2 the way some xboxs are modded. you can play movies(avi, etc.) mp3s and all kinds of other stuff.
    More reasons is that for example T.H.U.G (Tony Hawks Underground), It will have downloadable level that cant be stored on a memory card. Upgrades and any thing the gamedevelopers want to give out. It endless becuase now we have 40gigs of space.

Also i dont think that older games will support saving to the hard drive, but when it comes out more and more games will. Or mabey they will make a patch for it, so that you can save to the HDD.

hmmm.... PSX huh... Thats an upgrade thats supposed to comming in the next year right? if so, my waranty will allow me to trade it in for the upgraded version . Yay for procrastinating in teh buying of ps2&#39;s&#33;

Major gramaticle errors, screw spelling .
    5 moths not a year, and it will have a warenty.

NOOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Those bastards&#33;&#33;&#33; im not paying &#036;100 + &#036;50 + (what is it?) &#036;10 a month for 1 game, even if it is ffxi
    No FFXI is free with it, i am thinking that the game is on the HDD. It by how they are saying it installed with the HDD.

EDIT: also it will have better graphics, when released in japan they gave a demastion. Dam the graphics were smooth.

9. Games   -   #19
    Poster
    I don&#39;t think FFXI is going to come with the harddrive. I heard it was the other way around; there will be version of FFXI retail with the harddive included, and some without.

Personally, I&#39;m going to get FFXI for the PC, mainly because of the additional cost it would be for me to get the harddrive and the network adapter for my PS2. Anyone tried out the benchmark/demo they have for the PC version of FFXI? :drools:

10. Games   -   #20
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    No no trust me when you buy the HDD FFXI is free with it. I have been following this thing for 2 years now. sucks to wait but yeah its coming and right before my birthday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast