Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's have a Poll..

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaSparks View Post

Yes, because human actions are completely natural too right?
    It's a known fact that over 97% of greenhouse gases occur naturally. When a volcano erupts, you wouldn't believe the shit it pumps out. Talking of shit, the entire population of cows in the UK (the milk variety, not the ones we marry) pump out more CO2 than our cars could ever hope to match. That is on top of the methane that pigs blow (the four legged kind, not the pigs that cows marry, or the pigs that arrest you on Saturday night).

The other 3% of greenhouse gasses are man made, so if we all stopped driving to work, and shut down our factories, and basically went back to nature, global warming would not stop.

I love it when people say we are poisoning our water, or air. The sheer volume of water and air that our planet holds is so vast that it would prove impossible to destroy with anything less that a massive nuclear strike, and even that would not kill everything.
    Lol at this. To some extent I agree. But are you saying man is not contributing to the destruction of his planet (or at least bringing it on the verge of destruction)? I'm not saying it will explode, for me the destruction occurs when it's not inhabitable anymore.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Of course man contributes. He contributes about 3%.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Obviousment. See TheFox's previous.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Oh, sorry, missed that part. But don't you think 3% is a tad low? Even with your arguments I'd say we're still at 15%.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    lol, true, but TheFox seems to believe these. Why?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Global warming is a natural occurrence . Like most things in nature it tends to be cyclic ( think once Ice Age now not so much so).

Does man contribute ? Sure but mainly through the replacement of green space with pavement and the rainforest with cattle farms. The destruction of the ozone ( which is mostly our fault.Well yours at least I had nothing to do with it) has little if anything to do with rising temperatures.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaSparks View Post

Yes, because human actions are completely natural too right?
    It's a known fact that over 97% of greenhouse gases occur naturally. When a volcano erupts, you wouldn't believe the shit it pumps out. Talking of shit, the entire population of cows in the UK (the milk variety, not the ones we marry) pump out more CO2 than our cars could ever hope to match. That is on top of the methane that pigs blow (the four legged kind, not the pigs that cows marry, or the pigs that arrest you on Saturday night).
    I like how you seem to count emissions from cows and pigs as natural. You do know the bulk of those don't live in the wild, right?

Also, even disregarding farming, as you do, where does the figure 3% come from? I don't think I've ever seen exactly that number cited before.

I've seen the UN people go on about how an X ppm raise of something or other in the atmosphere could cause a 3 degree raise in overall global temperature, and how we've supposedly released 5 times that since the start of the industrial revolution and stuff.

I love it when people say we are poisoning our water, or air. The sheer volume of water and air that our planet holds is so vast that it would prove impossible to destroy with anything less that a massive nuclear strike, and even that would not kill everything.
    Fun fact: A massive nuclear strike could in fact trigger a new ice age, bit like what global warming could end up doing, worst case scenario. Nuclear winter, fun stuff. Not an argument for anything, just thought it interesting given the context.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I like how you seem to count emissions from cows and pigs as natural. You do know the bulk of those don't live in the wild, right?
    Most warm blooded mammals give off wind of one sort or another, depending on what the mammal consumes. Sprouts and curries tend to make this mammal produce a lot of hot air.

Not to fart would be unnatural, and if anyone believes that the Queen of England does not pass wind, then they are truly gullible.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    ...and the prize of the day for completely missing the point goes to....... TheFox.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast