Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opera Internet Browser

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Opera has everything IE6 has, but is fast and relieble.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Opera runs fast and has alot of features IE doesnt, but
    Some pages dont work correctly with it
    Flash will crash/freeze it sometimes
    Some login pages dont allow it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    BANNED
    only problem with opera is the couple of pages it wont open right

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Octopussy
    I'm gona download opera because it looks cool and as majority of you said its best. I really dont like the way Mozilla is layed out while Opera has great skins and stuff.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@28 September 2003 - 06:43
    v.7.2 was just released and it's the best yet!
    i dunno abt that. i went back to ver 7.11 cuz 7.2 crashed on me 2 times in one day. is there ne 1 else facing the same problem as i am
    ???

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yea, the new version crashed on me with a few Flash Films.. but i went back and tried to play the same flash film and it worked.. Weird.. Maybe it has a CPU Overload glitch

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Octopussy
    hey, i just got opera it looks cool but like almost the whole screen is full with all this stuff like toolbar and all taht stuff and small space for website...can someone help me out and tel me how to get rid of that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    You need a serial i'll PM you with it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    if u r trying t get rid of "Hotlist" press F4

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Anyone tryed Avant Browser ?

Flash Animation Filter: More than 85% of all flash animation on web pages is advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save this bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading.

Built-in Pop-up Stopper: Easily eliminate unwanted pop-up pages automatically with just one click.

Additional Mouse Functions: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. And there are two handy mouse gestures in Avant Browser. The first allows you to navigate backward one step by holding the right button down and then clicking on the left button simultaneously. The second allows you to navigate forward one step by reversing the buttons used: hold left, and click right.

Multi-Window Browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously. All opened pages can be easily stopped, refreshed, closed or arranged with one click.

Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode: When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.

Built-in Google Search Engine: Avant Browser provides a built-in search engine, Google. Built-in search engine enables user to search for web pages, images, groups, directories, news, lyrics and software in Internet. International users will be glad to know that you can set avant to utilize any of up to 64 google mirrors by default!

Excellent user support: Excellent user support is provided via an organized, helpful forum where many of your questions have already been asked, and you can find solutions to almost all of your problems. Furthermore, you can put in your 2 cents with a special requests section where you get to influence what goes into the browser next!

Safe Recovery: If Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup.

Translation: Avant Browser is available in many many languages to suit our international audience. If you your language is not available yet (see above), you can easily translate a small file and support for your native language can be included in the next version. It's quite simple.

Skins: Express your creativity by making a skin for Avant using a custom, easy to use program called Avant Browser Skin Factory, or use any of the many and varied skins made by other users.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast