Thread: Is it possible to share Usenet account?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    loppp
    Last edited by freeinvites; 05-16-2010 at 07:51 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Unlimited accounts usually don't allow this, but it's possible on block accounts:

megabitz.net, blocknews.net

will be about $0,30 / GB using blocks there, don't know how much you d/l.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I do the same with my bro
    Unlimited DL & SSL
    www.xlned.com
    enjoy !!!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    newsgroupie
    NSPs that offer block accounts usually allow these to be shared.

Although it's often against the rules, you can share virtually any usenet provider account, even unlimited, but the restriction is that both of you won't be able to log in at the same time. NSPs generally allow several domains per account to allow a subscriber to access his account from home, work, school, etc.

Most Dutch usenet providers allow account sharing. You must split the account resources. If your account allows a maximum of 8 connections and is throttled at 10megabits/second, then each of you can simultaneously download using 4 connections and 5mbs.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    lopp
    Last edited by freeinvites; 05-16-2010 at 07:51 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    I'm sure that a lot of us share out account with another person. Just make sure that your account is not accessed from more than about 4 or 5 different domains during the month, or you might get kicked.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    ive heard that newshosting.com has account sharing, even at the same time...
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    tufu1019's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I'd been with Newshosting for 3 more years .They have a reseller e-mail and Affiliates program but I don't see any count sharing.
    Actually I received a warning e-mail one more week ago saying"Your account has been accessed from multiple IP addresses
    at the same time which is in violation of our Terms of Service (TOS). Here is a link to our TOS for your reference"
    I don't have count sharing. But they said there were 57 IPs trying to access my account.
    Finally my account was blokced temporally for one week until 2 days ago when they said they had remedied the issue.
    But I still don't know how all the things happen.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    57 ? i dont blame them for grillin ya...

2; maybe 3 IP's will most likely slip under the radar.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here