Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Romania "Immune" to Anti-Piracy?

Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Just curious about the country of Romania, seems like most or all of the Trackers are "Free" from "Harassment" from the Anti-Piracy guys?
    Most of my European Trackers are from Romania , so it seems....so how come Most Trackers Do NOt house their servers over there?
    Last edited by Enlightened; 06-23-2009 at 08:45 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Just curious about the country of Romania, seems like all the Trackers all "Free" from "Harassment" from the Anti-Piracy guys?
    Most of my European Trackers are from Romania , so it seems....so how come Most Trackers Do NOt house their servers over there?
    I was wondering the same thing. I always see trackers bascially advertise that they are Romanian, but they don't seem to care, so there might be something special about hosting trackers in Romania.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Paying for a fast connection there is cheap. Finding a server there might be more difficult...

I'm guessing this but having been there once, I'd say it's a good guess.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 06-23-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Ro ftw
    Last edited by hagckz0r; 06-23-2009 at 07:35 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Paying for a fast connection there is cheap. Finding a server there might be more difficult...

I'm guessing this but having been there once, I'd say it's a good guess.

Oh so now is "I m only guessing" thread

What I was about to say... Thare's loads of providers, even if you live in a small village you still have like 4-5 providers to choose from. Plus, as soon as we go to school we dream about having a PC. I know kids that are really poor and they still own a PC with internet connection. I have to think hard to find someone who can't use a PC. Even my 2 yrs old nephew can turn the PC on and ask us to put his favourite videos on.
    Its not like it's 100% safe. My brother is a uploader on scenefz and other Romanian trackers, he had a good connection(max upload 40 Mbps), but they ve cancelled his contract cause of too much trafic. He was paying 15 pounds a month.
    Last edited by ovisan; 06-23-2009 at 09:01 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Yeap, that would be the answer.
    Even if a tracker get's closed with publicity, like news on TV / media / internet etc with police force etc, like it was the case of torrenbits.ro a few years ago, after the police raid, the tracker will be back in no time / couple of days, with the same domain, data base etc

So, hell yeah ^^

Not to mention the uber home connections ^^
    Last edited by maddoxro; 06-23-2009 at 01:33 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Romania is immune

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Glitterstep's Avatar Peace|Lov|Energy|EDM BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    he had a good connection(max upload 40 Mbps), but they ve cancelled his contract cause of too much trafic. He was paying 15 pounds a month.

Woaahh..thats like REAL FAST for REAL CHEAP...coz here in india its 384 kbps for like 1200 Rs= 25 $...And the speed is like the Max available here...!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitterstep View Post
    Woaahh..thats like REAL FAST
    Keep in mind that's not their international speed, which can reach a mind blowing 2048 kbit/s.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_Romania

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    That bit about micro isps is interesting.

I think Ro and Bg and other countries in EE seem to have difficulty enforcing many laws, not just those re: filesharing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast