Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God Bless Windows Xp

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    lol, god knows what my amiga one was, i was an amiga 600, dont know about the speeds though,

my main desktop is still a 500, clocked to 550, but i onyl use my laptop now, athlon xp 1500, which aint exactly fast by nowadays

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I use 400Mhz, don't laugh.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My dad used to use an ancient Gateway 2000 100mhz 20mb ram 8mb video computer to run windows 98... GOD it took like 3-4 mins just to start up sometimes cause he had spyware on it too. Oh yea, did i say when i looked inside.. The parts were also 2-3 times bigger? The graphics card is like half the size of my new mobo i use.. man they really have improved computers..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Hmmm... Let's see.. what is this XP start menu you refer to? Well, it's a folder pinned to a shortcut.
    Can win98 not do that? It could last time I checked. A simple addon gives the ability to change any folder Icon. All desktop shortcuts are then moved into that folder, leaving the desktop clean.
    There's so many other things that can be explained or simplified for people but people will still probably want automation, smoke, and mirrors. Like XP. smoke and mirrors. Noob OS. fool proof. so they claim

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I use XP, but I used to use 98...I liked it, nothing wrong with it...for those who still use it...enjoy it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Blue_Savannah@28 September 2003 - 22:02
    I use XP, but I used to use 98...I liked it, nothing wrong with it...for those who still use it...enjoy it
    98 has to many errors, i hated it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I uninstalled XP the same day I installed it on top of 98. Linux or FreeBSD are better alternatives for me than XP. Linux Mandrake is an infinetly better choice. 9 times out of 10, most errors can be attributed to OEM specifics. That's why some folks go with Dell over HP, Gateway over Compaq, Mac over Sun, it's how the OEM settings/drivers/hardware functions with the OS. Most 'OEMs' are not the original manufacturers of the hardware, they buy bulk hardware, compile it, and ship it out, software bundles and all. Microsoft OS's are just a cog in the wheel.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    XP is great

proud to be american

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Jay@28 September 2003 - 23:39
    XP is great
    YEah, but i wanna see what 2003 like.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    What is 2003? Another winbeta creation

Or do you mean server 2003? Forget about doing much of anything if this is what you mean. It's not desktop friendly at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast