Thread: Help With Bittorent, I Get Really Low Speeds!!

Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    Ok I am useing Bittorent and every time I download some thing I get really low speeds for exaple I am downloadin C&C Generals and I have got 50 peers and 6 seeds and I am goin at about 18kbs where I should be goin at about 50kbs I am on a NTLHome 600kbs modem is it the modem are is there some thing wrong plz help

thanx for Help Eatchipz

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Eatchipz@28 September 2003 - 14:20
    Ok I am useing Bittorent and every time I download some thing I get really low speeds for exaple I am downloadin C&C Generals and I have got 50 peers and 6 seeds and I am goin at about 18kbs where I should be goin at about 50kbs I am on a NTLHome 600kbs modem is it the modem are is there some thing wrong plz help

thanx for Help Eatchipz
    gat a router, or a firewall
    xp has a firewall built it, need to configer it
    open up your ports
    read here
    http://www.lickmytaint.com/bt/monduna/faq.html

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Changed the Topic Title and Description!!!

I hate when people only type in HELP in their topic title

BOT

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BOT

Eatchipz jsut asked me if i changed it. And then you post, "so quick" thumbs up.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hi all, i also am getting really slow speeds - i only started using it this morn and am assuming i am doing everything correctly? i am only getting download speeds of about 8 - 9k with 30 seeds and 190 peers. -why is is so slow?

i thought it was my firewall so i turned that off but i still get the same speed!

have read the FAQ but it doesnt really help me

any ideas would be great.

Thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    You can only downlaod what they can give.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Eatchipz@28 September 2003 - 08:20
    If it's a popular torrent that has few seeds but many peers, then your 'slow' speed is normal and even FAST.

Also, how fast are you uploading?
    BitTorrent tries to reward those that upload faster with (slightly) higher download rates.

Considering there was 50 peers and 6 seeds, it could be the case that others were 'hogging' the download bandwidth because they were uploading faster than you were.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    i use the shad0wexperimental client and my status light is always yellow and that could be the reason why my download speeds are always 4-5kb/sec max when I should be getting 27kb/sec.

I'm pretty sure i don't have any firewalls other than the windows inbuilt one that are already switched off.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    People getting low speeds check out the Azureus client, it's v.good, trust me and
    give it a try.

I found it pretty fast for d/loads

None of this 'traffic light' bollox

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@28 September 2003 - 14:17
    You can only downlaod what they can give.
    I couldn't of said it better, well.... yes I could've