Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PTN is back

Rikikii's Avatar We gonna go higher! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ''wont be 1337 anymore'' means - they won't be elite anymore. understand now?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    I don't think PTN has ever been after being 'elite'. It aims on being a nice, smaller community where people can communicate and share.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    you know what, when i joined PTN i did donate 20 $ or more and for that i picked 2 invites i did have them never used them and i think i had them for 4 months or so.First i wasn't going to use them why cuz all my friends use TL anyway guess what no invites i hate shit like that arrogance and the point is that if you donated to help the tracker and pay all the bills but whan you give something don,'t take it away and i picked invites you should have them no matter what thats why not even 1 penny for staff like that

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    I don't think PTN has ever been after being 'elite'. It aims on being a nice, smaller community where people can communicate and share.
    fo' sure

First i wasn't going to use them why cuz all my friends use TL anyway guess what no invites i hate shit like that arrogance and the point is that if you donated to help the tracker and pay all the bills but whan you give something don,'t take it away and i picked invites you should have them no matter what thats why not even 1 penny for staff like that
    You want to say that everyone should receive invites without donating?

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    bondgannu's Avatar The Pirate
    Why you peoples are saying it wont be elite anymore....
    Means it wont be high level tracker or what.....

Present member can you tell......How is the quality of content there ATM, YOUget good speeds or not, and whether the content available are latest and updated frequently or not....

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post
    you know what, when i joined PTN i did donate 20 $ or more and for that i picked 2 invites i did have them never used them and i think i had them for 4 months or so.First i wasn't going to use them why cuz all my friends use TL anyway guess what no invites i hate shit like that arrogance and the point is that if you donated to help the tracker and pay all the bills but whan you give something don,'t take it away and i picked invites you should have them no matter what thats why not even 1 penny for staff like that

You should have contacted staff in that case. We removed every users invites at one point, and any donors that contacted staff for their invites back, were given said invites. If you made no effort to ask about it, you shouldn't be mad.

I have never given a shit about being, or even being considered, "elite". I don't consider us elite tbh. I just want good users on my tracker. good = active to me. It doesn't mean having a superduper seedbox with a gb connection on it, or having 9,000,000tb buffers at all the great sites. I would rather have someone who dl's a tb and makes great effort to seed back ( the whole reason behind any bonus system) than someone who dl's 10gb and seeds back 500gb. That type of seedwhore attitude skews the whole point of p2p.

I have invited more "fresh" users to my tracker than not because they haven't been brainwashed into thinking they must buffer every account to a ratio of 100:1 by hook or by crook. It's not just uploading that makes torrents work obviously, if noone snatches anything, then you're dead in the water. Every person that seeds to a ridiculously high ratio makes it that much harder for the people that actually want to enjoy the content to be willing to just snatch something because they want it, and that is just unfair. It's not supposed to be a competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by himanshuaieee View Post
    ^^
    Which external application you are talking about...

Can you please be more specific....
    Its a ridiculous application(a phishing project to be more precise).They even ask you for your SSN and whether you keep a phat credit card or not(answer yes and you is in).
    I don't know where i got this from but i think i once heard that PtN was built by a group of bitter traders or something...was a long story,could be old news now.
    bottom line though,whoever created that application should start imagining less and drink alot of water.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    errr.... it was the guy that posted above you who invented that application. and last time i heard it was producing positive results.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 06-28-2009 at 03:33 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Unless I miss my guess, I think it's safe to say that asking for credit and ss# was a joke or maybe a test to see if the applicant had half a brain..lol
    Last edited by Zaxx; 06-28-2009 at 03:46 AM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    errr.... it was the guy that posted above you who invented that application. and last time i heard it was producing positive results.
    See that's the funny thing Cabalo, I filled out an application, not too dissimilar to ours, like a year and a half ago to join a BT site. I have never once seen someone claim that sites application to be retarded or over the top. And the site is fairly well respected to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast