Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Increase Utorrent Speed

Poster
    hey i found this in the internet mabey some of u will like it i did not try it yet...
    http://how-2-do.blogspot.com/2008/04...ent-speed.html

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    however it cannot exceed ur ISP's Capping so useless

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    am I so wrong to defend that this is going to vary from connection to connection?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bondgannu's Avatar The Pirate
    Few of the techniques are:-

i) Forwarding your port

ii) Enabling encrption....It seems doing that makes you connected to the peers more effectively

iii) Increasing the no. of half open connection.......... You have various tools available for that......

iv) Most importantly get the torrents with good no of seeders and better seed to leech ratio in order to get good download speeds.......

Howver for increasing you upload speed(specially on hard to seed private trackers) it becomes quite imp that the torrent has less no of seeds and low seed to leech ratio...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ever since one of the trackers i uses regularly forced client updates (utorrent 1.8.2) i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent. i never had a problem with any of this til i updated from 1.7.7 to 1.8.2

i can only speak for myself

i noticed the more aggressive (and fucking inflated) my settings became....the less transparent utorrent acted. i spent quite a bit of time in utorrents forums trying to figure out what the hell had gone wrong. the only thing that actually worked for me was a guide to configuring utorrent in a more conservative manner.

in this case less is more. i am able to max out my line again and still browse without wanting to shoot something

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent.
    I had that problem once and the source was not even in utorrent. My antivirus (Nod32) was keeping me from navigating.

I prefer to just tune my utorrent with the settings I already know and that I already know that works... Maybe I could make it faster somehow but I don't feel like needing to mess with it just to gain some more kbps

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent.
    I had that problem once and the source was not even in utorrent. My antivirus (Nod32) was keeping me from navigating.

I prefer to just tune my utorrent with the settings I already know and that I already know that works... Maybe I could make it faster somehow but I don't feel like needing to mess with it just to gain some more kbps
    yeah i guess that was a common issue for people. my problem was totally unrelated. it had nothing to do with conflicting software or permissions. the settings were cause....or the solution rather

i agree 100%

in the long run a couple more kb/s wont mean shit...but an unstable client will. FFS the thing runs on my pc 24/7 anyways.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    nice!. im gonna try this out!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    reddy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    hi himanshuaieee..my speed test says my download speed linit is 5Mbps ..but i am not able to get more than 500kbps even with the lots of seeders. could u post me the details how to increase my speed

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    ^ AFAIK India Does not have 5mbps line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast