Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ......

lynx's Avatar .
    Loop nooit langs een leeg toilet.
    ©2009 Le Mans road trip
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Jezebel's Avatar Poster
    Any ideas on how to increase the activity on the board, IdolEyes787?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I think the word calumny should always be preceded by the word vile. It just seems right to me.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    I don't know maybe it's just that time of year and people have better things to do than sit inside and stare at a computer but what I would do if I was in charge would be to get rid of the trade section of the board.
    The reputation of FST has suffered by it to the extent that some worthwhile people are either too put off or too afraid to come here anymore because of it.

Of course the pervasive attitude that I observe around the BT forum world being that it is : that the average person is only someplace because they can either 1. gain something or 2. they somehow think it makes them important , getting rid of trading probably wouldn't make an iota of difference.

I also think the board could definitely stand to lose a lot of it's negativity .I attribute that mostly to people's mistrust ( trading,scamming again) compounded at bit by the ( assumed ) age of those who are the greatest transgressors.

I don't know perhaps I am hoping for something that isn't possible .Even though I have no real interest in BT shite I really don't have any other place that I feel comfortable that I can go and read and post stuff.
    Maybe I'm mistaken but it's just FST seemed a lot more vibrant even the relatively short time ago that I joined and I would like to see it get back at least to that point..

I know right?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Have a cry and you'll feel better.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    My son reported someone for calling someone else ''fkin faggot' in the BT section. The mod that replied to the report said that was perfectly acceptable. True story.

Not the sort of plaice I want my kids hanging out.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez' mum View Post
    My son reported someone for calling someone else ''fkin faggot' in the BT section. The mod that replied to the report said that was perfectly acceptable. True story.

Not the sort of plaice I want my kids hanging out.
    rofl
    its the interwebz..nothing can be done..
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 06-27-2009 at 12:33 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez' mum View Post
    Have a cry and you'll feel better.

Then with a son like yours , you should be the happiest woman in the world.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    I don't know maybe it's just that time of year and people have better things to do than sit inside and stare at a computer but what I would do if I was in charge would be to get rid of the trade section of the board.
    The reputation of FST has suffered by it to the extent that some worthwhile people are either too put off or too afraid to come here anymore because of it.

Of course the pervasive attitude that I observe around the BT forum world being that it is : that the average person is only someplace because they can either 1. gain something or 2. they somehow think it makes them important , getting rid of trading probably wouldn't make an iota of difference.

I also think the board could definitely stand to lose a lot of it's negativity .I attribute that mostly to people's mistrust ( trading,scamming again) compounded at bit by the ( assumed ) age of those who are the greatest transgressors.

I don't know perhaps I am hoping for something that isn't possible .Even though I have no real interest in BT shite I really don't have any other place that I feel comfortable that I can go and read and post stuff.
    Maybe I'm mistaken but it's just FST seemed a lot more vibrant even the relatively short time ago that I joined and I would like to see it get back at least to that point..

I know right?
    The place is a Bit Torrent invite forum now, nothing more than that. There are loads of people who don't like that, at all.

If you've got a decent wee pub and turn it into a gay bar, the regulars will go elsewhere and the bar will be full of the gays.

Speak to the blokes that made it a gay bar, oh and the blokes who agreed to be doormen.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I know right?
    The place is a Bit Torrent invite forum now, nothing more than that. There are loads of people who don't like that, at all.

If you've got a decent wee pub and turn it into a gay bar, the regulars will go elsewhere and the bar will be full of the gays.

Speak to the blokes that made it a gay bar, oh and the blokes who agreed to be doormen.
    Haha, nicely put. Ofc, I wasn't around when it was something other than a BT invites forum.

Getting rid of the trading section is a good idea, but imo it wouldn't increase the activity. After all, you often hear FST=traders' paradise. I think it would have the opposite efect. It would however improve FST reputation. A lot!

BT will not last forever, but FST will last longer than BT, that's for sure imo. And when there's another method on the rise, FST will be more active once more. I'm guessing this, I don't have enough experience to say from it.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 06-27-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast