Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to improve your ratio on Private Trackers...... Where it is difficult to seed

bondgannu's Avatar The Pirate
    This question has alway been a matter for concern.....Starting from the begining of my torrenting on Private trackers....

This is primarily bcoz I dont have a seedbox...

I was also told to ask it here on FSF...by a mod on Pirate Society while giving interview for invitation and membership there...

So, Please people will you be knd enough to share your idea and knowledge you have gained over time....... That will help me deal with this matter ..

Reagrds...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Seed. Be connectable. Seed. Keep seeding. Make sure you are connectable. Seed. Again Seed. Seed again and again.

you don't need box to maintain good ratio btw

Quote Originally Posted by himanshuaieee View Post
    I was also told to ask it here on FSF...by a mod on Pirate Society while giving interview for invitation and membership there...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    you have to take into consideration what sort of tracker you are on. alot of specialty (niche) trackers are no fun for people which dont really have any use for the content

bitmetv is a perfect example. if you dont have that much use for a tv-only tracker then you will find it's very hard to keep a decent ratio there.

if you having a hard time keeping a good ratio at a 0-day tracker.....you should probably find one with a larger (or simply more active) userbase. a site with only 3,000 members is never going to be as easy to seed on as one with 20,000 members.

given that you hardware is setup properly....

the only other factor in seeding/ratio is how long you keep the shit seeding for. anybody who uses torrents for an extneded period of time can tell you that not all sites are the same. you need to accept the following reality...seeding a torrent for a week on one site may be equivalent to seeding it for 6 months on another site. but i can assure you that most anything can be seeded back in 6 months time.

yes, even all those hannah montana episodes you've downloaded

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    My best upload speed is only 30kbs and I have no seed box. I have account in one private tracker that have no freeleech (you can buy upload gb but I don't have the money) and no seeding bonus system. But I am a PU there.

Squirr3l is right; seed, get connected and seed until you bleed. But one more thing; GET IT RIGHT FROM THE START. If you download the WRONG torrent at the start you will be shown the exit door by the system in no time.

Be prepared to seed 24/7 and have a LARGE HD.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Be prepared to seed 24/7 and have a LARGE HD.
    Yes! Having a large HD is a good idea. With that you can keep your files even after using them (like burning dvds, watching movies, etc).

Like TP635, even with a slow connection you can survive even in those most difficult trackers (depending on your usage of the tracker).

Even inside trackers like BitmeTV (already mentioned) you can survive with an upload speed of about 30kB/s (or even less) without big problems using, for example, partial seeding (if the tracker permits that). And please people, I don't want to start any discussion here.

and that's my humble opinion...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SkitZoo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Jump on the new and popular torrents immediately, using RSS or IRC announce if RSS not provided. So you'll be a seeder soon and the others will download the file from you. Then keep seeding for a while.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    a site with only 3,000 members is never going to be as easy to seed on as one with 20,000 members.
    and thats why it will most likely be ratioless.

You should also look at cross seeding.Works great with large HD files,i've heard good things about pretome, and the fact that its ratioless makes it a great candidate to leech from so as to cross seed on other harder to maintain trackers.
    Its all about patience and hardwork.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You can survive on any internet connection granted you are patient enough and reasonable with what you download.
    Last edited by colbert; 06-27-2009 at 01:40 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    You can survive on any internet connection granted you are patient enough and reasonable with with you download.

you may think that but i've seen a few people die from it

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    PackMeIn Staff
    If the tracker permits regular users to upload then upload and get a ratio boost, if not be sure to jump on new and popular torrents (for example Sims 3). Also be sure to look out for freeleech torrents (the download on these torrents is not counted towards your ratio but the upload is). Frequently trackers make large torrents or packs freeleech. If this is still difficult for you then you can cross seed by downloading a torrent from one site and seeding that same torrent at another site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast