Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 Sequel (2010?)

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "I know for a fact that Frank [Miller] is writing right now," says Snyder, who explains that the plan is for Miller to create the story as a comic book first, "[He's] drawing away and seems to be knee-deep in it. I think he's going to head back to Greece again and do another reconnaissance."

With the first 300 having been created on a decidedly smaller budget than Watchmen, Snyder says that he probably wants the look and feel of a sequel to maintain that of 300, even though Miller's notes promise a grander scale.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56581

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253863/
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Many things to love about 300 but that story has been told .
    Ridley Scott wouldn't think of doing a sequel to Gladiator would he? But then Ridley Scott isn't just a money grubbing whore ( that part he leaves to Tony)

Really what purpose is there to a sequel other than to again fill the pockets of all involved?

Wait I just answered my own question.

"Grander scale" read less interesting and more confusing .

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    The story was finished , what will they show now ? Leonidas's son fighting? and he will single handedly beat the persians who will be equipped with nuclear warheads
    Last edited by manu1991; 06-30-2009 at 01:17 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Can't be much worse than The Spirit, the last piece of shit Miller churned out..
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-30-2009 at 08:13 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Frank Miller Going Back To Greece For ‘300’ Sequel

In addition to writing a few new “Sin City” stories for “Sin City 2,” Frank Miller is also hard at work on a new tale for the sequel to “300.”

Director Zack Snyder teased in an April MTV interview that there was a way to continue the franchise, and Miller previously claimed that he would set his new script after “300″ during the Greco-Persian Wars and featuring “some of the same characters.” Now, Snyder indicates that Miller may be moving along and re-visiting Greece to do research as he completes the graphic novel that will become the “300″ sequel.

“I know for a fact that Frank [Miller] is writing right now,” Snyder told SuperHeroHype. “[He's] drawing away and seems to be knee-deep in it. I think he’s going to head back to Greece again and do another reconnaissance.”

Snyder seemed to have a basic grasp of what Miller will be turning in, describing the setting and technology that will be used in the new film.

“Just from what [Miller] told me, it would be bigger as far as landscape and terrain,” the director said. “We’re going to see Athens and the Aegean and other places.”

Even with new locations being involved, however, Snyder indicated the same basic technologies from “300″ would be used to keep the look and feel similar for the new installment.

“The tech we used for ‘300′ was not a revolution,” he explained. “[The sequel is] going to be the same way, but on crazier steroids.”

Are you glad that Zack Snyder wants to keep the look of the “300″ sequel similar to its predecessor? What would you like to see Frank Miller do with his new story? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/25...or-300-sequel/

Personally I enjoyed the first one, but this might turn out like the Spider-Man franchise.

SP1 <-- Good
    SP2 <-- Meh
    SP3 <-- Shit (they squeezed Venom in there and it didn't work imo)
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ridley Scott wouldn't think of doing a sequel to Gladiator would he?.
    Too bad he didn't think more about making Gladiator in the first place...a total piece of drek.
    The fact that it won Best Picture is just another reason to malign the Academy.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    It is going to be called 300 part 2? All the characters died so how will some be in the next film unless it is a prequel?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Prequel is some sort of fancy word for " don't have a clue where to go from here " isn't it?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    It is going to be called 300 part 2? All the characters died so how will some be in the next film unless it is a prequel?
    No, one guy went back to the city to warn everyone. The 'army' of 300 they sent in was a joke, because noone believed the threat and noone supported the main character (or something like that, I haven't watched it for awhile).

The Greeks still have their army.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 07-02-2009 at 04:19 AM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Long John Silver
    Maybe it will be called "The Other 300 women 140 children and 2 men left behind vs the Persians"? TBH I would rather Miller just write a new story lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast