Thread: My system hangs on multiple tabs in Firefox

My system ( CPU 2.40 GHz & 512 MB of RAM ) hangs as I open more than 50 tabs in Mozilla Firefox. I want to open approx 500 tabs for off-page SEO work ( Multiple sites ) at a time in Firefox browser …..................... Should I increase its memory or CPU or both or any other idea to improve the PC performance?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    500 open tabs?
    Christ, do you have insect eyes or something?

Firefox is probably sucking up all you available memory...increase the RAM and see what happens.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Upgrade to Firefox 3.5!

I doubt that it will solve your problem, but it will almost certainly keep you quiet long enough for someone to point out that this isn't really a hardware problem.

Just how long it will take for someone to point out that it isn't a software problem either I really can't guess.

Maybe somewhere along the line someone will point out that opening 500 tabs and trying to manage them all is an almost impossible task for the human mind.

Still, since I suspect you only posted this to take the piss, please carry on. But be warned that there are those here who will happily rip you to shreds mentally.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    500 open tabs?
    Christ, do you have insect eyes or something?

Firefox is probably sucking up all you available memory...increase the RAM and see what happens.
    LOL, I'd imagine you'd need em to navigate that many tabs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    get the new 32 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz Ram .. and see the effects