Thread: Need help on unattended xp-disk!

jabri0895's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Dry

hi !

i want the video tutorial or simple tutorial for building unattended cd/dvd of win-xp such that by modifying it's installation's , auto installation of some of my best software's and keeping some drivers & updates on the disk....MSFN forum's r quite confusing...? is there any software / tool for doing this other than nlite..!

all r welcome for help debate...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Remember the Black XP ? Kirk has a forum on this topic it might be worth looking at .

http://windowsunattended.com/index.php?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Just use Nlite, follow the directions, it takes like 5-10 minutes to make a XP-Unatttended Install, just fill in all the blanks in Nlite, and then hit create, simple.

http://www.nliteos.com/

They have it for vista too, same page as above, and I'm sure one for Windows 7 will come very shortly, in my experience, just use Nlite.
    [center]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    jabri0895's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    does nlite creates run once.bat files which run's only once @ the completion of the windows installation ! in order to install ur feeded app's..?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Never used .bat files in my unattended...just download it (it's only like 2mb) and try it.
    [center]

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    actually its pretty easy .. just have to create a answer file .. just find the deploy.cab folder in the XP CD and extract it to some folder .. then run the setupmgr.exe and answer all the questions and finally it asks about running the Installation file from CD or other source select CD .. and YAY ! YOU ARE DONE !

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    there are a few programs to do this butthe one i've used (and liked alot) was nlite.

making unattended install is really quite easy. you just run nlite and select the unattended option then go ahead and make your adjustments, enter product key etc....that's it

www.nliteos.com