Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Really Know About The Bible?

Is he another one of your sources of information Billy?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 06:06
    Hi Clocko, I was wondering when you'd turn up.

Well of course Billy, I now find all of your posts fascinating.

Your barely ( and increasingly less-so) concealed hostility and manipulative posting have all the hallmarks of a train wreck about to happen.

I'm curious as to when the wheels will come flying off...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BANNED
    Originally posted by clocker+29 September 2003 - 22:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 29 September 2003 - 22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 06:06
    Hi Clocko, I was wondering when you&#39;d turn up.

Well of course Billy, I now find all of your posts fascinating.

Your barely ( and increasingly less-so) concealed hostility and manipulative posting have all the hallmarks of a train wreck about to happen.

I&#39;m curious as to when the wheels will come flying off... [/b][/quote]
    Oh, come on Clocko, lighten up ... or at least change your avatar.

@ ilw
    Is he another one of your sources of information Billy?
    More a source of inspiration.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 September 2003 - 04:55
    What Do You ReallyKnow About The Bible?

Bible Quiz.
    How did you do on the test?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    BANNED
    I did amazingly well, thank you, how about you?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    An observation:

Billy-

You seem to have no use for religion, or, at least for those here who have any sort of religious-based belief-system they are willing to defend..

Not being Catholic, I have to say the Catholic religion must make an inviting target just now for someone inclined as you are; while I certainly abhor the practices of certain of the Catholic clergy, and wish them to be dealt with in the harshest way, I must align myself with JPaul against you when you choose to attack Christian Religion so generically.

I&#39;m interested, though: In your support of the Palestinians, et.al., and your distaste for the U.S. and Israel you seem to be demonstrating a wont to support and admire Islam.

Have you "found" religion, Billy?

Edit: clarity
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    BANNED
    j2k4
    Have you "found" religion, Billy?
    Had I "found" religion j2, in the judo-christian-islamic tradition, then I guess islam would be the natural choice, seeing as mohamed was the last of god&#39;s prophets, and superseded jesus and the christian church.

I&#39;m interested, though: In your support of the Palestinians, et.al., and your distaste for the U.S. and Israel you seem to be demonstrating a wont to support and admire Islam.
    This is another "tactic" you taught me j2, thanks.

And this is another one, I call it "selective response", I learned this from my American and Scottish friends. Again, thank you, especially you JP, you are indeed the master.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    I&#39;ve noticed that you seem fond of Islam Billy, I hope you are aware that it is no different to other major religions that you have taunted ie Christianity & Judaism, in that its holy book contains subject matter that most western agnostics would find abhorrent.
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/..._left_islam.htm

Just skip his life story it could well be bollocks, but he does seem better educated than most of the morons that post this kind of crap.
    Q.3: 118-120
    O you who believe&#33; Take not as (your) bitaanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely.

A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.
    He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.
    He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah&#33; I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.
    Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.
    Q.3:90
    But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith,- never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have gone astray.
    Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 577:

&nbsp; &nbsp; I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection."

And human rights groups aren&#39;t too happy about the whole Sharia law thing as well.

NB this is not what i believe about Muslims&#33;&#33;&#33; As much as i hate having to dredge the many bigoted websites on the web I did so to respond in kind. There are far more abusive websites out there with much more damming quotations, but i had little faith in their translations.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    BANNED
    I&#39;ve noticed that you seem fond of Islam Billy,
    Really??

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Now all is clear:

Christian religion has been "superceded" by Islam&#33;

We could have saved a ton of cyber-ink had we known this earlier.

There we are, JPaul-we are the relics of religious obsolescence.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast