Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Really Know About The Bible?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Strong people need guidance too.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by bigboab@29 September 2003 - 12:36
    Strong people need guidance too.
    Just so, but in here, the strong are castigated for seeking "guidance" just as the weak-what then?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Why would i need a flak jacket? I was stating my opinion. I have nothing to be afraid of from "Him Upstairs" ?
    Should i expect a thunderbolt or something?
    Im sure he has better things to do than worry about me, (look at everything going on around the World at the moment)
    When and If he sorts the Worlds problems out, then i guess i`ll have to start looking over my shoulder, til then i`ll just carry on living my life in the best way i know how..............

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You cannot be castigated for seeking guidance. You can only be castigated as a correction or censure for something you have done wrong.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, I actually took the test.
    Given, as I have previously stated, that I am not particularly religious, and, being somewhat leery of the bias of the test ( I tried to give the answer I thought it wanted, as opposed to any real knowledge I might have...) my score was 19.
    Apparently I learned what I know from Sunday school (true).

So the point of this thread is what exactly, Billy?
    I can't say I was particularly surprised one way or the other.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    off topic:when you post a link to something that claims to be a "test" on the bible knowledge, make sure the creators of that "test" have actually read the bible

I would feel safer clicking on a warez link than any more of your retarded daydreams billy. Do you really expect me to believe everything a website tells me? For instance, I could easy create a website that proposes to "test" people's knowledge of why billy dean is lost. Like this:
    1. Billy Dean is lost because:
    a.his puppy died and now he is left alone
    b.his parents treated him badly
    c.he enjoys wallowing in the propaganda of his own making
    d.he wants to fit in with others, and he thinks others have these beliefs

Now, I could make an entire site filled with "questions" that were set up to reinforce my anti-billy dean belief system and i could even have you click on a button that would generate a certain score of my choosing. On second thought, no one would actually do that-what WAS I thinking?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    You scored 8 correct out of 50.
    0 - 9: Don't feel bad. You may be better off not knowing much about the bible.
    It's great when you don't believe anything (religious)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    I scored a nice 19, seeing how I've never read the bible in my life i think thats a good score.
    Anyway I don't know why you guys think hes all pro-Islam I found a ton of things in that test cussing Islam as well as anything else to do with religion.
    Bleh, I find this a pointless attack on something that has nothing to do with anything.... If you believe, eh who cares what ever makes you feel good, if you dont eh same thing, just dont go blasting your views at every one in an attempt to offend, thats just a low hit .

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    I scored a nice 19
    If you look carefully noname12, you *might* see something.

Edit:hey can somebody loan me $40? Cuz I want to join the ffrf before its too late! They gonna defend my right to not have religious rights!!!! Waht a bargaiinnnnnnnnnnthank you billy

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Interesting

It is a while since I delved into such stuff and was a tad rusty, got 27. Surprisingly grim little foray but factually correct - reminded me why it is not for me.

Can't say I see much point in such an organisation though - it is only 1500 years too late. In a global village all religion is within touch, believe that which moves your heart (or none if you prefer) no one can force you otherwise. It is this freedom that the fanatics of Al Quada and other religions fear most.

Personally, if anything, I am of a Pagan bent. I like my tree and mistletoe at Yule (these symbols are anything but secular). However, I think the nativity story is nice and adds something to the season - it is ok with me.

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast