Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ethnicity in the BT world

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by stopher54 View Post
    Countries such as Israel, Egypt, Estonia, Romania, and several other middle eastern or eastern European countries are prime examples of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirr3l
    Majority of the filesharing traffic comes from countries such as US, UK, and several other eastern countries and because filesharing is illegal in those countries i conclude they are all immoral, menthol law breakers lolwhat.
    Quote Originally Posted by stopher54
    Thats true.
    i was merely trying to mimic statement of yours. It's hilarious that you agree all americans are immoral, menthol lawbreakers though

She is supporting my viewpoint by saying its a cultural thing.
    ory?
    How come you never mentioned 'culture' in your opening post. You were too busy detailing how English language is superior to others or something.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 07-07-2009 at 12:27 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    lol owned!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    New Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    She is supporting my viewpoint by saying its a cultural thing.
    ory?
    How come you never mentioned 'culture' in your opening post. You were too busy detailing how English language is superior to others or something.
    That is how you interpreted it, but not what I meant.

The topic title is "Ethnicity in the BT world", not "Language in the BT world". I meant non-English speaking people to mean people that live in non-Western cultures.

Haha, the issue on whether or not piracy is immoral is for another topic. Americans aren't any better than anyone else when it comes to that, but once again, off-topic.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

ory?
    That is how you interpreted it, but not what I meant.

The topic title is "Ethnicity in the BT world", not "Language in the BT world". I meant non-English speaking people to mean people that live in non-Western cultures.
    That fact was obvious to me stopher . Speaking the language and understanding the nuances are two different things.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I really don't understand what your intentions were with this thread maybe that's why i responded as i did + your responses being all over the place makes me think you already lost the purpose.anyways a while back there was an almost similar thread
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...e-349211/page7
    ^^and that's where i drew my pov about your thread.

But like cabalo said,ratio cheating is widely understood to have come from germany,xxxxxxx,the forum that avails all these modded torrent clients that you hear about is in germany and am sure alot of germans use it,so its not a culture issue unless you wanna say its immigrants that occupy and run that site.And for what its worth,the scene(where stuff on your torrent site comes from)is largely made up of people from these non-english speaking countries and i think just by virtue of that you owe em a little more respect than mass generalization.
    Finally,i keep telling people that BT is broadly made up of bad users(and that's the majority) and if you want stats to back that up,just imagine what could push a tracker to an extent that it decides to disable invites completely to anyone(HDbits) and then how successful this policy has proven to be in dealing with the issue of traders and sellers,now i won't say that the populace of this tracker is comprised of bad users but sometimes you gotta wonder as to how correct this assumption has proven to be.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-07-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: edited the forum name so no one is tempted

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    crap thread maybe because majority of the world 1st language is not English.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Romanians are not only scums online they are also scum in real life!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    Romanians are not only scums online they are also scum in real life!
    Elektronik.ro is awesome for that the have awesome discography packs wich are also on free leech.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Actually its funny that a thread that is basically about intolerance degenerates into ethnic slurs.

Well not funny exactly.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Typical bloody American trying to bring racism into everything. Can't a man denigrate the culture of another man in a completely non homosexual way without being accused of being racist?

I just don't know what the world is coming to these days /me shakes head

p.s. this thread is a piece of shite

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast