Thread: Which provider to choose

n00b
    Well recently I've wanted to get back into usenet ever since dropping it a little more then a year ago for cheaper alternatives.
    I just wanted to ask my top 3 choices now seem to be Giganews, Astraweb, and Newsdemon.
    I'm kinda leaning to Giganews but Astra has some good deals.
    Retention are about the same.
    Was just wondering if anyone uses these providers can you give a review?
    Also one other thing anyone know a good place to find nzbs?
    Or should I just do some manual searching
    Well thanks in advance

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Most people here recommend astraweb. I have used both astraweb and giganews off and on for the about a year. Both are great.

The cost thing obviously is in favor of astraweb (which is why everyone advocates them here).

The one thing I really like about giganews is that they count your bandwidth, which serves no purpose on an unlimited account, but interests me for some reason.

I find that both give me top speeds (I'm in NY) despite differences in server location. At one point I thought astraweb was slowing down, but it seems to have been my former ISP.

I did the free trial with newsdemon and they were great too, but I just didn't use them permanently for no good reason.

In the end astraweb is the better deal, but there is no reason not to go with the other two besides cost.
    Last edited by realityhd; 07-08-2009 at 05:23 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    +1 astraweb. you wont be sorry.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    +1 astraweb. cheep. best service.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    n00b
    Guess Ill go over and try astraweb. Was just wondering also a good place for nzbs, if anyone could recommend.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai11 View Post
    Was just wondering also a good place for nzbs, if anyone could recommend.
    here? or is FST not cool enuff?

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzb-index/

you can use this site---->nzbs.org with SABnzbd to auto downlaod and auto grab nzb's, it's only a auto indexer so it will miss alot of content...also there is NZBRUS,about the only ones I recommend there are others but I don't recommend them, well NewzBin if you want to pay on top of what you already paying for NG service, plug you have to be invited, well of course there are the 3 main search engines too, NewzLeech,BinSearch,BinTube.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 07-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    n00b
    K thanks for the help. I saw Fst just though you may not have a lot but looked through them after posting theres quite a lot. Guess I'm gonna try out Astraweb thanks everyone for the help and thanks liberty for the sites.