Thread: Tmpgenc Ratio

when I want to encode a movie using PAL (for Europe) I can choose between VCD or SVCD. ofcource I want the better one so SVCD but that's a problem because TMPGEnc then encodes the movie with a ratio of 480 x 576 wich gives borders on the sides. when I do VCD it will encode perfect in full screen at 352 x 288.
    can I change it somewhere so I can encode it in SVCD? (you can only change the ratio when you choose the setting "center, custom ratio"

do any of you know an answer?
    thx

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    try mpeg settings>advanced>clip frame then under the clip frame tab change "left" to "16" and do the same for "right". Leave "top" and "bottom" as zero and under the arrange setting tab make sure it says "full screen".

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    didn't think of that. I am trying it now. thx for the suggestion

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    it still keeps adding borders to the side, they're not so wide as before buut no full screen. is it ok by me if it is wide screen too, only bordesr on the side irritate me.
    any other suggestions maybe?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    Mate,all the arange method option have no effect if the source and the output are the same size,if you want to do any sizing its best to choose center custom.Center keeps it exact same size and ratio as the source,then resize the picture with the thinys underneath.That way it'll be resized internally by your dvd player,in realtime.And your have the exact same aspect ratio as the source and it wont look out of shape or anything.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by diamond dog@29 September 2003 - 20:17
    it still keeps adding borders to the side, they're not so wide as before buut no full screen. is it ok by me if it is wide screen too, only bordesr on the side irritate me.
    any other suggestions maybe?
    ok, can you estimate in your mind how much of the border disappeared whenever you used 16 for expanding the left and right margins??? If, for instance, it took away approximately 25% of the black borders, then go back and use 64 for the left and right instead of 16. Got it?

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.