Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot And Ad Aware

I was just wondering do these programs really work? Everytime i use them the same spyware is always there.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    works for me

do u check the boxes and then click repair?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Yes they do really work, and quite well at that. Alot of the repeat offenders that you speak of may just be little tracking cookies. Not a big deal, just get rid of them. You'll get them simply from surfing the net, so that's why they almost always come up in your searches.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Lincoln-Imp@29 September 2003 - 22:10
    I was just wondering do these programs really work? Everytime i use them the same spyware is always there.
    What spyware do you find?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by sharedholder+29 September 2003 - 22:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 29 September 2003 - 22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lincoln&#045;Imp@29 September 2003 - 22:10
    What spyware do you find? [/b][/quote]
    Ive ran Spybot again and that pretty much is just cookies, but when i use to use Ad Aware that usually had the same things like Gator

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Lincoln&#045;Imp+29 September 2003 - 22:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lincoln&#045;Imp &#064; 29 September 2003 - 22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by sharedholder@29 September 2003 - 22:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lincoln&#045;Imp
    @29 September 2003 - 22:10

Ive ran Spybot again and that pretty much is just cookies, but when i use to use Ad Aware that usually had the same things like Gator[/b][/quote]

"Gator" is installed with kazaa media desktop

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by pol+29 September 2003 - 22:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pol @ 29 September 2003 - 22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lincoln&#045;Imp@29 September 2003 - 22:19
    Originally posted by sharedholder@29 September 2003 - 22:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lincoln&#045;Imp
    @29 September 2003 - 22:10

Ive ran Spybot again and that pretty much is just cookies, but when i use to use Ad Aware that usually had the same things like Gator

"Gator" is installed with kazaa media desktop [/b][/quote]
    ive got kazaa lite

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Can you put a screenshot with what you find when you run AD-AWARE?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Forum Star
    ive got kazaa lite

i didnt say you didnt

have you had kmd installed before, cos it sounds like not all of it has been uninstalled correctly.

i just tried kmd yesterday again for a laugh, and before i uninstalled it, i ran both ad and spybot, gator showed in both. its some kind of marketing thing.

just run spybot/adaware again and repair any problems

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I had a problem a while back where spybot wouldnt get rid of regitry entry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast