Thread: My Router

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    i used 2 host servers 4 games but me dad installed a router. and now it wont let me host. i know that i have a firewall and it wont let me because of that. how do i make it so that i can host games again?? how do i fix this??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    unless u kno the exact port number, i doubt it will work, i tried to host age of mythology. but i didnt kno the port so it wouldnt let me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@30 October 2003 - 03:07
    i used 2 host servers 4 games but me dad installed a router. and now it wont let me host. i know that i have a firewall and it wont let me because of that. how do i make it so that i can host games again?? how do i fix this??
    What is known as 'port forwarding'.
    Get the router manual to find out how to set it to forward all traffic on the port that the game uses to your computer. You may need to enter a password to change settings on the router, though.
    My router doesn't let me do this cos it's a really cheap one but that means my son can't spend all weekend playing CM4 online.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?