Thread: Windows Xp

Poster
    alirght i have three admins on my cpu, me, my bro, and my sis. im running windows xp and i need to knwo how to delete a program and it affect all usres including other admins. How can this be done? i also need to know that same for when installing?

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    just disable them being a administrator

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    not sure what you mean? add remove programs? when you install quiet often you have the option of installing for current user or all users of the machine...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    XP, on it's own, cannot un-install or install for only one user. You can, however, set-up other users in either the "power-users" or "users" groups. This will restrict some accesses as far as that is concerned. The "users" group which is basically the "restricted" setting, will not allow those users to fully run or much less in/unstall software of any sort.

I do not know exactly how to do it, but you can always leave the admin privlidges as they are and set-up registry edit/strings that do not allow for certain users to access for the programs that you want to restrict from them. This will prevent them from accessing the install features as well. Or just install your program files in a directory/folder such as c\:documents and settings\ (your user name) program files . And then be certain that your folders are made "private". I was told (never tried it out for myself as of yet) that this is just a measure for restricting some progam access.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yea.. they need to allow an admin user to install programs for His/Her use only.. and uninstall them from his/her account only.