Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

ok...

this is what im trying to do....

i want to record my music (from a audio-cassete tape) to my computer and save it as a file. Then burn it onto a CDR...

Can this be done?

Do i need specific hardware, other than a microphone? I do not have a MP3 player All I have is a mic and a computer

Please help me find a software program to use for this. Or tell me how to do this.

I thank you for your help....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Geez, you still use cassette tapes

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    do you have a line in on your sound card?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yes i do have a "line in" with a symbol that looks like a dot. in the middle of parenthesis (.)

now what?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Total recorder pro is what you need. It'll save as wave or MP3 or a bunch of other formats

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    the easiest way to do it would be to connect your headphone output (if you dont have line out) of the tape deck to the line in of the sound card keeping the volume down on the tape deck at the beiging so as not to blow anything in your sound card just slowly raise the volume to an exseptable level. to make the lead you could use some old headphones or go to electronics store buy premade or make one yourself <---cheap as
    as for the software you need to find something that will record the sound files as mp3 but if you have plenty of hard drive space you can just use the recording program in windows
    it is just if you use a mic to record it will end up pretty low quality

ill have a look for a prog i used to have one that did it all just cant remember the name...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    when i find that program and use it what should i save the file as? wave. MP3. etc.

im not going to do anything fancy to my music on the cassette, i just want it on a CD.

Im recording MixTape&#39;s that we have done.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    .Wav I think for a music CD but it&#39;s gonna take up some room till it&#39;s burned and deleted.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Geez, you still use cassette tapes
    Some of my best songs are on cassettes...can&#39;t find them on here..those of us over 18 used cassettes ALOT in the 70&#39;s and 80&#39;s B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Shhh... don&#39;t tell them about the super metal alloy irridium based super casettes that held 20 hours of master quality music.... with extreme graphite transport... and neon.... blew CD&#39;s away so bad they were banned as unfair competition.... reserved only for "those who know"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast