Thread: Xp

i have 512 memory ,120 hard drive, sony 512 dvdrw, hp dvd rom, sometimes the mouse will freeze then everthing just stops no key no task manager nothing have to hit the reset, what could be causing this???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Do a defrag on your comp. That may help, also run a full system scan to see if you have a virus.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    The devils in the details.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What program( s ) are you running when it happens ? Or, how many windows are open ? Mine does it when I have too many things qeued up at once for the printer or when I'm not paying attention to the RAM drain while using Photoshop.

EDIT; good advice ShadOw.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    if tis happening to the riddler form running too many apps at once then that might be my problem also. thanks for the replies..........

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Down load FreeRam XP Pro 1.40 from Tucows or wherever you prefer and keep an eye on how your RAM is being eaten up. Of course, like Shad0w said, check to see if you need a defrag and maybe visit symantec for a free virus scan first.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Riddler@30 September 2003 - 03:26
    Down load FreeRam XP Pro 1.40 from Tucows or wherever you prefer and keep an eye on how your RAM is being eaten up. Of course, like Shad0w said, check to see if you need a defrag and maybe visit symantec for a free virus scan first.
    Or just download it from kazaa for free. Or i can give him a HTTP link for a direct download.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster