Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Content or Community

Would you rather join a site like uk-t that has a tight knit community or a site like ptp which has a lot of content but lacks security

For me security is important but I don't see the point of going to a site just to chat.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by pen15 View Post
    Would you rather join a site like uk-t that has a tight knit community or a site like ptp which has a lot of content but lacks security

For me security is important but I don't see the point of going to a site just to chat.
    good for you

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks I'm happy knowing that I use my trackers instead of just being there for the sake of it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What about sites where you can find both things?. One thing does not exclude the other.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Obviously there are exceptions but if you were to pick one or the other which one would it be.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Content is first for me. but a good community is also important.

Luckily I can have both.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Content comes first, but a community is always nice of course. After all it's the community that provides the content.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by pen15 View Post
    Obviously there are exceptions but if you were to pick one or the other which one would it be.

I canīt honestly answer your question as you expect.
    The main reason for me being active in any given site is that I feel comfortable... furthermore, I am active in many trackers but my type of activity or my behavior may be quite different from one site to another. I have sites that I use only for getting stuff (leech, seed and never seen their forums), in others I am happy being active in forums... I even have sites where I like to read the forums and never post. In a few I like more to upload shit or fill requests... at this point and after many years I have only 1 or maybe 2 sites where I can say that they are perfect. I can find there all I need and I want:

Now you could ask me what makes me feel so comfortable... Iīd say, the perfect combination in the right doses of all aspects involving what from my understanding itīs torrenting supposed to be: mature and respectful community, nice and fair staff, security of course, good content, the possibility of allow users to do something else... etc.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 07-18-2009 at 08:21 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    How many threads have there been like this, completely pointless.
    Tho you know what's coming next, "pen15's" disagreement that posting this shit Is relevant.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    It isn't I just like to piss off morons like you. Anyways touche Nemrod. I couldn't of said it better.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast