Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vampier Movies

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    But the girl in LXG is a vamp (sorry about the spoil) and she makes the movie good.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Every now and then you get good Vampire movies like From Dusk Till Dawn or Blade.The movies are about Bloodsuckers but everytime they try to give them a new twist.
    Don't forget plenty of people might not have seen the old vampire movies so to them it is something different,so unlikethe old movies just using stakes and crosses they're using guns with special bullets or some other new type of weapons.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Gre1@30 September 2003 - 20:40
    But the girl in LXG is a vamp (sorry about the spoil) and she makes the movie good.
    I never saw all of LXG (I actually walked out of the theatre). When I'm tired I start thinking a movie is worse than it is. From what I saw of the vampire though she was cool. I left LXG right when Captain Nemo raised that super thin sub out of the water.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    ok...i m gonna try and tackle 2 people's long quotes at a time...here goes.

Vampire movies have always reflected the fears of society at the time, the old Dracula movies represented the inhibitied sexuality of the Victorians for example.
    true...that's one thing i'll agree with.

Simply put, movie vampires today are exactly how they should be. A reflection of the fears of society. Who knows, in ten years, vampires might not even drink blood.
    not really agreeing with the last part there. apart from the fears of society, the vampires are also dark creatures that are damned forever. there is a certain mythology, although fictional, to it and that should be adhered to. it goes against the grain of vampirism that they can suddenly lose their afinity for blood and start walking into daylight. the reason many such 'rules' were created is cause they serve as deterants to the 'virus'.

what if vampires could just walk into daylight and start biting people. say people turn as soon as they are bitten. the whole world would be full of vampires in days, hypothetically speaking. the whole point of fearing sunlight is the symbolism that they are creatures lurking in shadows at night, when a majority of the population is sleeping so that they can prey upon the few vulnerable souls that 'dared' to venture out. these kinda people can be anyone from drug dealers to rapists, in real life.

the point of turning into a vampire after being bitten is also a symbolism that 'cause of society's inability to help the weak and listen to their needs, the victims themselves became anti-socials, losong all inhibitions that binded them to society. it seems silly that this should be removed in movies like blade, cause that's the one thing we see the most around the world, society with its inhibitions unable to help the needy, weak and vulnerable.

i don't agree with the reason for not able to see reflection. vampires cannot see their own reflection, imho, is cause they are damned creatures who have lost their soul. they have no identity and no existence of their own. their only purpose in life is to feed on other's insecurities. plus it serves as a means of differenciation, a means of identification that there is a leech among you who'll suck you dry the minute you let yur guard down. if only there was something like this to identify the real-life 'vampires'.

they are blood suckers cause they feed on people when they are weak or vulnerable. as long as society exists, we'll have these blood suckers among us - drug dealers, pimps that lure young girls into prostitution, forced labor, or your next door fraudulent banker. in fact, the point of turning is that at first they seem like loving gentle people who are there to help you, and then they show their true face and suck you dry.

take all that out of the equation and there is no vampirism in the first place. it ceases to be symbolism of society's fears.

The vampire disease is actually somewhat real. It's called Porphyria.
    Person's with this cannot synthesize heme.
    Their gums recede and the teeth darken.
    Garlic worsens the symptoms.
    There's extreme light sensitivity.
    Lesions develop on the skin.
    at least stick to that when making movies...call it being scientific...lol

That's why there talking of making a sequel and prequel.
    it's all about the money, honey

edit - made some spelling corrections

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Originally posted by thacowboy3@1 October 2003 - 00:45
    1: (snip)the whole point of fearing sunlight is the symbolism that they are creatures lurking in shadows at night, when a majority of the population is sleeping so that they can prey upon the few vulnerable souls that 'dared' to venture out. these kinda people can be anyone from drug dealers to rapists, in real life.

2: the point of turning into a vampire after being bitten is also a symbolism that 'cause of society's inability to help the weak and listen to their needs, the victims themselves became anti-socials, losong all inhibitions that binded them to society. it seems silly that this should be removed in movies like blade, cause that's the one thing we see the most around the world, society with its inhibitions unable to help the needy, weak and vulnerable.

3: i don't agree with the reason for not able to see reflection. vampires cannot see their own reflection, imho, is cause they are damned creatures who have lost their soul. they have no identity and no existence of their own. their only purpose in life is to feed on other's insecurities. plus it serves as a means of differenciation, a means of identification that there is a leech among you who'll suck you dry the minute you let yur guard down. if only there was something like this to identify the real-life 'vampires'.
    1: Reflecting the fears of society, thank you for agreeing with me. If you re-read my post, you'll note that I purposely added other reasons but didn't bother getting into them.

2: Fears of society again.

3: The mirror thing actually came to me as I was typing that. I prefer your explaination though.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Yes, there is a certain mythology to vampires. However, it's not all Bram Stoker. He just chose which parts he liked best. Depending on which culture's folklore you look at, vampires aren't "dark creatures that are damned forever." It's ridiculous to say vampires should be A, B, and C, when it doesn't take too much research into history to find D, E, and F.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Depending on which culture's folklore you look at, vampires aren't "dark creatures that are damned forever
    i have yet to come across a version that says they do not lose their soul and are not immortal, or that they are not evil.

i m not saying stick to bram stoker. that's just one aspect. some rules like holy water and cross are archaic cause those are from a time when the world was a closed place, the east or even america hadn't been discovered yet. it seems ridiculous that a vampire biting a buddhist will turn him into an anti-christ.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    There are many versions about that don't have vampires losing their souls, or being evil.

There's Lamia, who was cursed by Hera when it was revealed that Lamia and Zeus were lovers, although Hera cursing people is a pretty common thing with Greek mythology.

There are the yara-ma-yha-who, who, although draining victims of their blood, take only enough to make them weak. Then later it'd swallow the victim whole, have a drink, take a nap, and regurgitate them. The victim would return to the world still alive.

There's the bajang, which you can enslave and turn into a servant if you feed it eggs. The polong is another vampire servant, although it feeds briefly off the blood of the master's finger, rather than eggs. The danag are just another species, and worked in partnership with humans for some time.

There are a lot of vampires that come about as the result of terrible deaths or improper burials.

The lobishomen will turn women into nymphomaniacs, and the lugat is more of a parasite than anything else.

The moroii isn't dead, or undead, as is the obayifo. The ramanga also lives, and is a servant to its tribal elders.

Although the pisacha has been created by humanity's vices, and generally Not Nice, you can entice it to cure disease. Somehow.

The stregoni benefici is a vampire on the side of goodness, and the mortal enemy of all evil vampires.

The ubour won't drink blood unless absolutely neccessary. It can eat normal food.
    The upier rises at midday and sleeps at midnight. The upyr also is active during the day and sleeps at night, although this one would certainly be deemed "evil." The upir (the upier and the upir are two very distinct creatures, although they are both Polish in origin) eats only fish, and a lot of it. The ustrel will prey only on cattle.

Well, that's enough. I've got to have supper.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    in the case of the vampires the movies will keep coming. But one film i did see actually had dracula turning into a bat and a wolf, which of course would contradict what has been in some vampire films that the werewolves and vampires are mortal enemies. I liked how dracula 2000 portrayed judas escariot as dracula, but that was yet another of the ideas movies came up with.
    All we know is count dracula is the most powerful, and that he was cursed and was from transylvania and so on. It depends on what you believe a vampire to be.
    In my theory the real look of a vampire would be the following. Very gothic with piercing eyes. Fear of garlic, cross and wooden stakes, immense strength and thirst for human blood. The count dracula would also live in his castle, but not necessarily have to sleep in a coffin, unless it was not wooden. Overall an unholy creature of the night, and no ability to go out in the day. the old day films for me are more to my belief of vampires.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    magicnakor, you are quoting from some game manuals aren't you?

anyway, at least for me, it doesn't make sense that vampires are powerles beings that serve others. i agree with horror..a vampire is what you believe it to be. there are so many mutually contradicting theories. for me, vampires have the foloowing qualities - immortal, fear of sunlight, garlic. killed by stake, immolation or decapitation. powerful physically with good looks and clear skin [until it turns], and thisrt for human blood. the dracula is the most powerful and only he can turn into a bat. mortal enemies with werewolves [with no real avantage over them or vice versa, cause werewolves remain werewolves only for the full moon night]. it makes sense to have sub-species, like the intellectual ones, etc., but they ave to have the above featues too. all those slave vampires, and cattle lovers and fish eaters are not my cup of tea. also as i said earlier, the cross and holy water don't make sense in the modern world.

oh, and silver and no reflection

one thing i agree with horror is that the good ole vampire movies were the best in the way they made you feel, and the feel a vampire gave you when you looked at him - dark, silent, deadly, powerful, and evil lurking just under its skin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast