Thread: Dvdr Problem

Poster
    I d/l a DVDR with BitTorrent. It came as a VIDEO_TS file, so i burnt it with Nero (VIDEO_TS AND AUDIO_TS folders). It said burn successful. I tried 2 play it on my standalone on the TV but every few seconds, the video and audio froze (but the timer on the DVD Player carried on) and then continued from where it froze (the timer jumped back). I came back to the PC and but the disk in and played in PowerDVD. It works fine. Why wont it work on the standalone???

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    did you put the all the files into the Video_ts file with nero and nothing in audio_ts?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    There are a number of possibilities. Checkout the forums at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ and http://www.doom9.org/. I had similar problems with certain media brands where the outer tracks of the disc would go bad. To get around this, I try to keep the size under 4.2GB. I also had similar problems when I burnt at 4x but was fine when I used 1x and 2x with certain media. Also, certain versions of Nero had problems with DVD-Rs. I like to practice on a DVD-RW too avoid coasters. Sorry, I can't narrow it down but you did not list what version of nero, system specs, media brand/speed, etc. Are you multitasking while burning?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    @IKE yes i did
    @Darth Sushi I think the size was just over 4.2GB. 2x speed TDK DVD+RW. Not multitasking. Nero 5, P4 3GHz, 512 MB RAM, 120GB hard drive (30 left), Windows XP Pro. Is that enough info?