Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey clocker i need your help or any one else who can help

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    been reading through a lote of pages in the software and hardware section and it looks like you are the man who can help me

i want to reinistall windows xp on my computer,but i really hate having to reinstall all the program i had before one by 1

if there any way or software when i reinstall windows xp,i can just install that software,clicks some option and every software i had before i reinstall windows xp is back with out having to install one by 1

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

well i did google before i ask here,but i didnt find anything that why i ask
    Last edited by dr jones; 07-22-2009 at 04:24 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Sorry was too harsh as was meant as a joke . Why not just clone your drive with a program like Ghost , Norton or whatever you find .

I find most useless as the programs I " had " are always updating with fixes or improvements .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    agreed here with peat.
    norton ghost is da shit when it comes to mirroring your OS installs.

when moving OS from hard disk, WD has some wonderful tools too, and so does Paragon's partition manager.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    good to know, thanks.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by dr jones View Post
    been reading through a lote of pages in the software and hardware section and it looks like you are the man who can help me
    I'm flattered.
    Really.

i want to reinistall windows xp on my computer,but i really hate having to reinstall all the program i had before one by 1
    Why the hell would you want to go back to XP?
    To me, that's the computer equivalent of replacing your steel belted radials with some nice, old school tubed bias ply tires.
    Get Windows 7, silly person.

if there any way or software when i reinstall windows xp,i can just install that software,clicks some option and every software i had before i reinstall windows xp is back with out having to install one by 1
    There probably is- after all, the creators of all the "black edition" OS images manage to auto install a shit ton of (mostly useless) third party apps- but as Peat pointed out, most decent programs get updated so frequently that reinstalling an older version will just mean updates anyway, so why bother.

My approach to post OS install of programs is thus...
    Whenever I DL an app, I always save the executable to a folder stored on a storage drive. Currently, this folder is 63GB but I probably only use maybe 10% of the programs, the rest being duplicates and stuff that never panned out.

After the OS install, I cruise through this DL folder and pick the stuff I think I need/want.
    Many apps (K-lite codec pack comes to mind) get updated so frequently that it's just easier and faster not to bother...just go online and get what's newest.
    This is true of drivers as well.

I like to keep a very streamlined OS install.
    My current C: drive (Win7 and Program Files) has but 10GB on it, so my computer usage is probably not "normal" by most standards.
    I can however, reinstall Windows and apps in under an hour- which I do pretty frequently as I try to keep up with the latest Win7 builds.

Windows XP though?
    Sheesh, I thought I was a Luddite.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I know how you feel about the Black ISO's Clocker but I use them as my backups . Just trying Black 40 and love the programs pre -regged but found Black 33 faster . People forget you can insert any Black version and running WPI pick your poison .

I'v found like most that newer is not always better , Nero 7 > Nero 9 for example . I'v been trying Win7 but still waffling to take the plunge to 64 bit .

Have "upgraded" over 5 or 6 friends laptops to XP from pre-installed Vista in the last few months. Told the rest looking to buy a new laptop or desk to hold out or insist on a Win7 coupon upon purchase .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-25-2009 at 06:49 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    yes,i want to upgrade my os windows 7,when does it comes out?

or should i use the one already in the bittorrent world

what the compupter requirement to run windows 7

i was thinking that when windows 7 comes out i would buy myself a brand new computer with windows 7 in it

or build a brand new computer and buy windows 7 from the shop or download it via bittorrent

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    That's a lot of questions , some I can't answer , If I was looking to buy A new computer I would'n't give a rats ass as I would find the best deal then worry about the OS .

I would never pay for an OS , so would have some fun if looking for a new system , with a friend just to see what deal we could find . Vista is dead so I'm sure there's a lot of pre-configed crap out there .

Buyer beware is the old saying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast