Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make .nfo files?!?

anyone know how to make .nfo files on a mac? there is text editor on mac but it only saves it as .rtf or .txt. is there a program out there that can make and safe .nfo files?

thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    why not just do your nfo as text, then if you want a picture use this site http://www.glassgiant.com/ascii/, save it, then rename it as .nfo.

if thats does not work on a mac, which i dont see why it should not, then i have no idea.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    but if i just save ti as .txt adn then rename is as .nfo...will that be acceptable for trackers requiring .nfo files? and will others be able to view it?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yes.

but you only really need to include the nfo if its a scene release. it its homemade you dont usually have to.
    Last edited by stoi; 07-21-2009 at 02:45 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    well on some trackers, nfo files aren't included in their torrents, and when i want to upload that torrent to other trackres that require .nfo, i just want to know how to make one.

do i just write a brief description of the torrent, save it as .txt, then rename it as .nfo?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    basically yes, or like i said you can get more fancy and find a pic and put it into that site, and it will do ascii art for you like you see on scene releases.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    kk i'll try that! thanks alot! stoi! really appreciate it!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    rikenji's Avatar Member
    Just rename the .txt to .nfo?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by rikenji View Post
    just rename the .txt to .nfo?
    yes !

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    ArtCine NFO Creator. This should work on a mac as well
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast