Thread: Copyright Infringement Message

Has anone else gotten this pop-up message? Should I be concerned? If so, how can I protect myself?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 19:29
    Has anone else gotten this pop-up message? Should I be concerned? If so, how can I protect myself?
    dont worries

these msgs are just there to scare you

just ignore them you'll be fine

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Turn off all incoming messages and don't be bothered anymore.

Options > Kazaa Lite K++ Options > Messages > Ignore all incoming messages

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    The RIAA has massive server farms dedicated to finding and corrupting MP3 downloads on Kazaa.

This is ALL the more reason to BLOCK RIAA hostile ips in KL++ AND keep that blocklist up-to-date! By doing so, you may avoid many/most/all of these Copyright Infringement Messages.

Also, IF you're sharing music, disable browse host which lets others list all your shared files.

ALSO, you can avoid many Kazaa scanners just by blocking KL++ access on port 1214 and running on an alternate port.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I am a NOOB. That means I need someone to hold my hand. Where the heck is the link for options? Also, when Switeck says to keep the block list upt o date, is he talking about in the hosts file in supertrick? When I DL a file and the IP needs blocked, how do I find the address, and how do I know what code do I enter with it? Please don't shoot me. I'm a programmer(mainframe) and I still can't do this. I am an official dumb fuck.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Nevermind, all I needed to do was look a little for the options tab...(hey buddy, go to your search screen, idiot)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    OK Switeck, all those options were already checked. So how do you keep the blocklist up to date?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 20:36
    OK Switeck, all those options were already checked. So how do you keep the blocklist up to date?
    I think there's a blocklist updater program included as part of KL++ v2.4.3.

Just use that... if it works.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yeah it worked. Now if I can figure out how to use proxies....

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 21:50
    Yeah it worked. Now if I can figure out how to use proxies....
    Proxies will (probably) force Kazaa to run in firewalled mode, which severely reduces the number of people you can download/upload to.

The other stuff shouldn't... well, except for RIAA/MPAA/BSA. B)