Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out this Guy/Article

Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    where to start... this guy knows squat.
    HAHAHAHA agreed

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    There is elitism in BT no doubt about it (mainly from the high-school sect)...but maybe he wouldn't find it so hard to get into sites if he didn't give up his dignity. I found that part rather depressing tbh.

If you have fun with it then it should come naturally you'll make friends and they'll invite you to their favorite trackers. If people feel you're willing to debase yourself for something of course they're not going to respect you.
    agree!

In just an year I gathered more accounts than i can handle.BUT you have to be commited, that is for sure.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    The guy complains about public trackers being slow because its full of leechers and no-one seeding (of which he agrees he is one of those people), then a sentence later, hes complaining about having to seed on private trackers.

There's a reason for the filesharing name and its leechers like him who make site owners decisions easier about limiting their userbase so they're not as rampant on their sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I really dont agree with anything in that article except for the Elitism part .. Its rampant!!
    After I read that the only protocol he hasn't tried yet is Usenet because there's no way to "try before you buy", I knew not to take him or his article too seriously. That and how experienced of a downloader he claims to be but just now seemed to realize how great downloading from file hosters are.

But surprisingly he did make a few valid points throughout. Like the one about the elitism in the bittorrent community, and some of the advantages of downloading from warez forums. But as PB pointed out, the point on surving in private trackers with a slow upload speed wasn't very valid. Sure, a few private sites may be really hard to keep your ratio afloat on(but still possible if you work at it). But he made it sound like all private trackers are like that.

It was an interesting read though. I just don't think it's going to sway the hardcore bittorrent users(the ones that can afford it) into downloading from WBB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12