Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leech Vs. Share

Poster
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@30 September 2003 - 18:09
    The only reason i know is becuase i had a file that had 2 soiurces and it just sat there not connecting. If his download slots were full it would remotley que me. Also i check to see if he was sharing any files and nope. I may be wroung but i am pretty sure they show up.
    The remote queue DOES have a upload limit -- beyond which you'll just go directly to more sources needed instead of remotely queued.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@1 October 2003 - 00:01

Your Wrong

Shared = Shared
    Available = Available

If it ain't shared, It ain't visible or available. Not in any list.

Unless it's a fake list.

And you don't want to stay connected to that source for long anyway.
    [/quote]
    Thx for the info....hoping this is the case...just seems to be more and more frequent than I like....

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Yeah its getting that way, it gets anoying.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@1 October 2003 - 00:01
    The remote queue DOES have a upload limit -- beyond which you'll just go directly to more sources needed instead of remotely queued.
    Any idea then why I will sit remote queued for a file for hours...only to get a 'more sources' message once I get 'connected'??? I usually then pause the download and resume...this usually puts me back in the queue again.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm+30 September 2003 - 19:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (balamm @ 30 September 2003 - 19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GMC0529@30 September 2003 - 16:56

All the better the reason to remove them from shared folders.... at least then you would have an idea of what files are ACTUALLY available for download......

Correct me if I&#39;m wrong.....

Your Wrong

Shared = Shared
    Available = Available

If it ain&#39;t shared, It ain&#39;t visible or available. Not in any list.

Unless it&#39;s a fake list.

And you don&#39;t want to stay connected to that source for long anyway. [/b][/quote]
    I think if someone is sharing at the time they finished downloading a file, they would report it shared to their Supernode -- which might then report that file as shared by them for 5-15 minutes after they quit sharing it.

If they&#39;re never sharing, it won&#39;t become even temporarily reported as shared.

The search results you get are ALWAYS based on old news -- often a few minutes old to possibly an hour old.
    It takes infinite bandwidth to keep everything instantly updated.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@1 October 2003 - 00:49
    I think if someone is sharing at the time they finished downloading a file, they would report it shared to their Supernode -- which might then report that file as shared by them for 5-15 minutes after they quit sharing it.

If they&#39;re never sharing, it won&#39;t become even temporarily reported as shared.

The search results you get are ALWAYS based on old news -- often a few minutes old to possibly an hour old.
    It takes infinite bandwidth to keep everything instantly updated.
    Makes sense..... still a pain though.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by GMC0529+30 September 2003 - 19:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GMC0529 @ 30 September 2003 - 19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@1 October 2003 - 00:01
    The remote queue DOES have a upload limit -- beyond which you&#39;ll just go directly to more sources needed instead of remotely queued.
    Any idea then why I will sit remote queued for a file for hours...only to get a &#39;more sources&#39; message once I get &#39;connected&#39;??? I usually then pause the download and resume...this usually puts me back in the queue again.

[/b][/quote]
    The person you&#39;ve connected with may have set uploads to &#39;unlimited&#39; bandwidth and it&#39;s causing droppy behavior or they have 20+ to unlimited uploads allowed at once. Nothing ever finishes and lots of connections break due to lack of bandwidth.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I think it would be a good idea that if a file you&#39;re trying to get is in Remotely Queued status, you could find out what number in the queue you are. Or is it not possible? I think on the edonkey network they do tell you what number you are.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by Adster@1 October 2003 - 14:50

Who you shaking your head at?? Me?&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast