Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Be Sued If.....

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 September 2003 - 18:48
    RIAA can use fake user comps all the time.
    But aleast it helps a little.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Cks1990@1 October 2003 - 01:17
    I am, as some of you may, be very scared of getting sued. I currently don't share any files and only have about 150 songs. What can I do to prevent being sued by the RIAA. I'm thinking about siging that amensty they are offering, but I don't want to have to delete all my songs and everything.
    Look everyone... the RIAA is NOT GOING TO SUE ANYONE with only a few files shared.. thy are interested only in the ones with over 1000 files shared and only the ones that are online everyday with high volume usages... Don't be scared of the RIAA.. they are nothing and always will be nothing... Don't stop sharing your files.. that will only stop the P2P system from working and this is what the RIAA is trying to do so if you do this... they win... don't let them win... That's just plain STUPID!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight+30 September 2003 - 21:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight &#064; 30 September 2003 - 21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>RIAA can use fake user comps all the time.[/b]
    It doesn&#39;t matter WHAT username they use, if they continue to operate out of fixed ip ranges they CAN be found and blocked.

Their activities are AGGRESSIVE -- finding the ones sharing fake MP3s is no longer a problem, at least on Kazaa. Finding the passive scanners is MUCH more difficult, but hiding your list of shared files AND blocking port 1214 really stunts their efforts there. Then they can only get your shared files using regular searches, but only subsets of them due to how Kazaa/fasttrack works -- FAR less than 1,000 files, even less than 200 files in fact.
    Originally posted by fastrider28@2 October 2003 - 07:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cks1990
    @1 October 2003 - 01:17
    I am, as some of you may, be very scared of getting sued.&nbsp; &nbsp; I currently don&#39;t share any files and only have about 150 songs. What can I do to prevent being sued by the RIAA.&nbsp; I&#39;m thinking about siging that amensty they are offering, but I don&#39;t want to have to delete all my songs and everything.
    Look everyone... the RIAA is NOT GOING TO SUE ANYONE with only a few files shared.. thy are interested only in the ones with over 1000 files shared and only the ones that are online everyday with high volume usages... Don&#39;t be scared of the RIAA.. they are nothing and always will be nothing... Don&#39;t stop sharing your files.. that will only stop the P2P system from working and this is what the RIAA is trying to do so if you do this... they win... don&#39;t let them win... That&#39;s just plain STUPID&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/quote]They have no way of detecting your volume useage short of saturating it with LOTS of downloads from you (your uploads) at once -- but even still you may be firewalled and jumping supernodes alot making finding you and maintaining a long connection very hard. My bad, K-Dat reports a speed for users, but it&#39;s only a ballpark figure NOT the speed an individual upload will give at any given moment. Instantaneous speed does not mean GB&#39;s uploaded per day, only the POTENTIAL to. If they are charing you with POTENTIAL piracy, then we&#39;re ALL guilty...

So the point is, don&#39;t share many files but share them at high speeds if you can.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    internet.news
    it is probably what the other people said in here:

First, I cannot except that of you cause you are just human - but
    I won&#39;t stop sharing cause sharing is important :) - there is more behind
    the idea: we have to share our thoughts openly to understand each other better.

Then If you have many files - over 1000 - as mentioned, you have several
    opportunities: (just think about it some minutes&#33;)

1. Be sure to keep hard-to-find songs in your shared folder.
    That is what I do, if I cannot find some music, which is good in my eyes,
    I buy it and share it, so other people would get it easier and so it was also
    worth to buy it :)

2. Split your whole files in parts, means: share 500 one day, the other day the
    other 500 ;)

3. Be sure to give the files also to your friends who also probably use kazaa to
    ensure avaiabiliy :)

4. Just imagine some more reasons while being creative...
    This list is really long long... There are so many ways...

thanks anyway, david.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    n18's Avatar Death God
    plain easy, download foreign mp3s from kazaa, and mainstream off torrent

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    i guess the old saying sharing is caring is backfiring on them. RIAA dont blame us filesharers, blame the society we were rased in. teaching us from kindergarden to share, because to share is to care

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by n18@4 October 2003 - 21:34
    plain easy, download foreign mp3s from kazaa, and mainstream off torrent
    whats torrent?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12