Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Be Sued If.....

Cks1990
    Okay I know all of you have at least downloaded one songs, some of you thousands. I am, as some of you may, be very scared of getting sued. I always thought K-Lite was better than everything else. I currently don't share any files and only have about 150 songs. I haven't downloaded a song in a long time. What can I do to prevent being sued by the RIAA. I'm thinking about siging that amensty they are offering, but I don't want to have to delete all my songs and everything. So please help me in not getting sued.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    K-lite blocks the RIAA, also make sure you have it so users cant see you shared folder.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    sharing is the only way to be sued.

of course it is highly NOT reccommended that you stop sharing, as if everyone did that, there would be no songs to download.

K++ comes with an RIAA IP blocker, of course it doesn't work perfectly, but there are other things in K++ like not showing the contents of your shared folder.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Waht i said.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@30 September 2003 - 17:24
    Waht i said.
    except not.

The RIAA blocker is NOT very effective.

it blocks only known IP's. There are many unknowns

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    K-lite blocks the RIAA

That is what meant when i said it. (Ip blocker) but i dont care.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Cks1990@30 September 2003 - 21:17
    Okay I know all of you have at least downloaded one songs, some of you thousands. I am, as some of you may, be very scared of getting sued. I always thought K-Lite was better than everything else. I currently don't share any files and only have about 150 songs. I haven't downloaded a song in a long time. What can I do to prevent being sued by the RIAA. I'm thinking about siging that amensty they are offering, but I don't want to have to delete all my songs and everything. So please help me in not getting sued.
    go here and read the pinned topics

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    RIAA can use fake user comps all the time.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Cks1990@1 October 2003 - 01:17
    I'm thinking about siging that amensty they are offering

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    RIAA has proved they can sue you just for HAVING an internet connection -- they don't have any chance at succeeding with such litigation, but that WON'T stop them from doing it!

Your activity raises the possiblility of being sued by RIAA, but the biggest deciding factor is unfortunately just how ACTIVE RIAA is on your 'branch' of the internet. This varies from day to day, hour to hour, and possibly even minute to minute.

If we (I mean hackers/programmers/system administrators/computer technicians) knew what to look for, then I'm almost positive that RIAA's scanning activities would be so blatantly obvious that fashioning a better blocking method might be possible.

But few people seem to even know what ips are... and think that 'masking' your ip on a p2p file sharing program is easy to do without eliminating much of the ability to connect to others...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast