Thread: how to upgrade to new version of transmission ubuntu 8.4 desktop hardy

mike160's Avatar Old School
    hi does anyone know how to upgrade to new version of transmission on ubuntu 8.4 desktop os hardy

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'm good for you.
    Download the tarball, (the .tar.gz), then check the readme.txt file, then compile it using the instructions within, or just google "how to compile ubuntu" - learning compiling will allow you to install any linux program.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    On the Download page of the Transmission site click the How To Build link. That will give you specific instructions on how to compile everything. Those are the instructions I followed when I used to use Transmission and the latest version wasn't yet in Synaptics.

Give that a shot. If you still can't get it to work then post back with the errors you're receiving.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    That is why i use archlinux . Once a program is updated , after a couple of hours you can upgrade it from the arch repos

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TONIC were do i download the tarball from am looking for the easy way to do this am still realy new ubuntu and i am lost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mike160 View Post
    TONIC were do i download the tarball from am looking for the easy way to do this am still realy new ubuntu and i am lost
    Ubuntu, eh? Try this:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...ll&section=all
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thanks all

Edit : i got everthing working now transmission is upgrade now to version 2.12
    Last edited by mike160; 12-06-2010 at 07:54 PM.