Thread: How To File Share?

ok,i know how to download and that's it. Does sharing mean---besides adding new music that i have on cd-does it also mean sharing files that i have downloaded from other users? i also am very confused how to share music. i printed up the setting up folders info,but how do you actually get my music from a cd into the shared file?i can copy it into musicmatch,but i don't know how to get it to be shared. also just heard bout allthese lawsuits as i was just going to share stuff-do i need to worry/?thanks for your help!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Anything in your shared folder gets shared. Should be at

C:/My Shared Folder

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just put anything u want in your shared folder and go into options and set your shared folder( do this first) then u can add other folders that have stuff in that u want to be shared by just cliking find media to share in the options.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    A Ultimate noob question

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Adster@1 October 2003 - 04:07
    A Ultimate noob question
    We all have to start some where, at least they are gonna share

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by rf9rider+30 September 2003 - 20:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rf9rider @ 30 September 2003 - 20:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@1 October 2003 - 04:07
    A Ultimate noob question
    We all have to start some where, at least they are gonna share [/b][/quote]
    Yeah its aswome

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    but how do you put the music from a cd into the shared file

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    You need an MP3 rip software. You can use windows media player and rip it with that.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I recommend u use Cronic ripper, it&#39;s fast and the name is sweet.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    internet.news
    Ok, correct me if i am wrong, but your question is: How I can copy tracks from CD
    as mp3s on my hard disk?

ok, there is a smart tool called audiograbber - there is a freeware version
    and a shareware version, the free version is limited in copying only a certain
    number of tracks - you can get audiograbber through the official website (just
    search on google.com) or through kazaa lite k++ :) from some online users :)
    who share it at the moment :)

With this smart tool you just copy or how it is told rip the tracks as
    wma - files first on your hard drive - there is an option to copy all the tracks in the
    first step at once at mp3s. To copy it as mp3s you need a dll called lame or so, it should be included with audiograbber :)

When you insert your Music CD into your computer and start audiograbber it automatically searches the internet database "freedb.org" for track names/Information and show it in audiograbber window, so that you know
    the names of the tracks. When ripping it also saves this names in the mp3 filename. Normally it rip the files in 128kbps this is normal cd quality, although
    it is difficult to comparte to the sound output on pc and your cd player...

thks.

nice dreams...