Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24 Officially Canceled

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Never watched the show, so can't really comment, sure there will be some upset folks.

Earlier this month it was reported that this season of 24 would likely be the last for the series as the ratings have dropped and Fox seems disinterested in continuing production. At the time it was mentioned that the studio is considering shopping the series to other networks, but everyone believed that interest would probably be limited due to the high costs involved. It was later reported that Fox has been approached by NBC to pick up the series. But that last ditch effort did not come through. Series director/producer Jon Cassar announced minutes ago on Twitter that the show has been officially canceled:

News from the 24 set,the crew has been told that 24 has come to an end. There will b no season 9. Its been a great run, thanx all 4 watching

http://twitter.com/joncassar/status/11112400187

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/26/...ally-canceled/
    [center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'm not surprised, considering it's already been going on for 8 seasons, more than most other shows can claim.

It's kind of like Smallville. It's been toiling on for seasons and seasons and should've been ended long ago.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    good it was the same plot in all the seasons.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thank God now AlriyG600 might finally be able to get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AlriyG600 View Post
    reasons :

WHY?!!

you ask me why do i need tvtorrents , i m stick here on my HD screen on the weekend , watching over than 23 episode weekly for all show that i like,

on Monday i don‘t sleep cause i stay week up to watch my Best show ever 24 on freshon.tv

my life all about tv

i have freshon , bitmetv , and other tv , but i still need this one , so i can get the show that not exist on the other websites

if i talk about the TV series i can‘t stop cause i m Freak in that
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    God damn it!!! No more Jack bauer chopping peoples heads off and saving america from nuclear bombs going off.....I'm official bored of TV now,oh hang on, spartacus chops peoples heads off and kills everything thats put in front of him, I'll watch that instead then
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    alisu
    I think this is a great season to end the series. Sure it could keep going but it's not a problem for it to end now. Everything fits.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstate01 View Post
    God damn it!!! No more Jack bauer chopping peoples heads off and saving america from nuclear bombs going off.....I'm official bored of TV now,oh hang on, spartacus chops peoples heads off and kills everything thats put in front of him, I'll watch that instead then
    Plus boobies.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Haven't watched an episode yet, so no big loss for me.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Oh yes and the big boobies and gratuitous TV sex. good call IdolEyes787 forgot about that in my slight rant
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Despite it's extended run and increasingly ridiculous and recycled plots 24 was a failure as a series because it broke the one cardinal rule for spy shows - it totally lacked any sex appeal.And when I say sex appeal I'm not just talking T&A ,Bourne is "sexy" because of the action and locale without the slightest hint of skin.Same with Harry Palmer cold as ice and still "sexy"
    Also 24 (rot in Hell for this ) extrapolated on what the X-Files began - plot advancement/exposition by cellphone dialogue instead of actual action or creativity .
    The unfortunate result of which can be seen in movies like the recent "The Bounty Hunter " in which instead of characters actually interacting and developing ( see similar situation much ,much ,infinitely much better movie in "It Happened One Night ") all need for creating plot is thrown away with a couple totally unbelievably convenient cellphone calls.
    Make everyone computer generated ,blow a few things up and you'd have the prefect modern movie.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-27-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast