Thread: AMD Phenom II 945 stock voltage?

hello,

hope someone can help me.

i have an ASROCK K10N78 FULLHD motherboard with a AMD Phenom II 945 processor.

all of my motherboard settings are set to AUTO but the VCORE Voltage is fluctuating between 1.36 and 1.38, is this normal for stock voltage with this processor (its not overclocked at all). i though i read somewhere that the stock voltage should be 1.325 or something like that.

thanks for your help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Amd quotes the voltage range for the 940 as "0.875-1.5V".

Maybe the spec for your one-off 945 is a little different.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ah so seems to be well within the usual range then if its at 1.38 volts, just thought it run lower than that, or does it just depend on what motherboard you use?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'd guess it depends on what you've got running, and whether you've enabled cool'n'quiet, assuming your motherboard supports it (I thought they all did with socket AM2+).

Cool'n'quiet allows the processor clock speed to be reduced, and at lower clock speeds the core voltage can also be reduced, but even if it is enabled you will still see high processor speeds and voltages if the system is under load.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The internets says stock voltage for an x3 is 1.325, whereas an x4 965 supposedly runs at 1.4. However, the 945 is a 95W processor, whereas the 965 is a 140w one, which may or may not say something about preferred voltages.

I'd say yours should be somewhere between them, anyhow.