Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: I decide never to trade again~~``

b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Maybe the kid decided not to trade after he got global ban? j/k
    I hope You're sincere (still I don't believe in it) dude. Good luck

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    megabyteme, it's easy to see you're still new around here.
    this kind of threads has happened in the past quite often with ill results, with users admitting they did it to trick members, trading with dupe accounts, scamming, and all the possible scum of the earth.
    so you will have to understand that for many people around here it's not easy to believe in such words, and good will.
    after all, this is the internets.
    Only time will tell if he is sincere or not. I try to encourage people to make good decisions and to be good community members. I don't think he will successfully trick anyone. Most of us are pretty good about reading previous posts. As far as I am concerned, the guy gets one shot to redeem himself.

I do know that mocking the guy's efforts won't help him stick to his resolve. If he stops trading and the non-traders don't give any indication that they will support his "good" decision, he will have no choice but to return to trading.

I am very much anti-trading and believe it is worthwhile to get people to stop. I have contacted a couple of very new members who did not think there was anything wrong with it because "there is a whole section devoted to trading". When they realized that many members here frown upon it, they immediately recanted.

Maybe I sound like a noob, but I try to treat people on the "internets" the same way I would IRL. I may get burned occasionally, but that happens to everyone but the harshest of cynics.

And really, I won't have to devote ANY time to "monitoring" his actions. If he goes against his pledge, SOMEONE WILL NAIL HIM ON IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    Maybe the kid decided not to trade after he got global ban? j/k
    I hope You're sincere (still I don't believe in it) dude. Good luck

He did.

Superkiller1 -- stop with the ~~~~~ it's retarded.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quitters never win.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    megabyteme, it's easy to see you're still new around here.
    this kind of threads has happened in the past quite often with ill results, with users admitting they did it to trick members, trading with dupe accounts, scamming, and all the possible scum of the earth.
    so you will have to understand that for many people around here it's not easy to believe in such words, and good will.
    after all, this is the internets.
    Only time will tell if he is sincere or not. I try to encourage people to make good decisions and to be good community members. I don't think he will successfully trick anyone. Most of us are pretty good about reading previous posts. As far as I am concerned, the guy gets one shot to redeem himself.

I do know that mocking the guy's efforts won't help him stick to his resolve. If he stops trading and the non-traders don't give any indication that they will support his "good" decision, he will have no choice but to return to trading.

I am very much anti-trading and believe it is worthwhile to get people to stop. I have contacted a couple of very new members who did not think there was anything wrong with it because "there is a whole section devoted to trading". When they realized that many members here frown upon it, they immediately recanted.

Maybe I sound like a noob, but I try to treat people on the "internets" the same way I would IRL. I may get burned occasionally, but that happens to everyone but the harshest of cynics.

And really, I won't have to devote ANY time to "monitoring" his actions. If he goes against his pledge, SOMEONE WILL NAIL HIM ON IT!
    Props to you mate. If there were more people like you, maybe more traders would try to redeem themselves.

But the cold hard truth is that he probably does have a hidden agenda. but like you said time will tell. The flaming isn't helping him stick to his decision if he in fact is sincere, that's for sure.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, Martinator!

This topic is so similar to the American prison system that you could almost exchange the word "trader" for "criminal". Once you have the label, it is almost impossible to "go straight" or "get an honest job [invite]".

And you are right, there is a certain mindset that simply cannot abide by society's [site] rules. Giving certain people a 2nd or 200th chance won't make a bit of difference.

One of Michael Moore's films uses an example from a prison in Norway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGTzbj3fRSw

MM's films are generally not a great resource for facts, but I find this example very interesting. It does show that an alternative for our failed prison system that treats criminals as inhuman and outsiders. I have not seen anything that disputes, MM's presentation of the Norway prison system.

There is probably a better way of reincorporating "traders" than to shun and flame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    WHAT!!!!! Some one has done changed the game. What happened to the old tried and true method of registering another username then using both usernames to have a flaming war over some invites, where the new virtuous username wins and banishes the trader known as: superkiller1

There's still time....its never too late!!!
    Proud Member of:

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    There is probably a better way of reincorporating "traders" than to shun and flame them.
    Dude, I saw n00bs here promising that they'll never ever trade. The minute they had access to the invite section, they mad their first trade offer. Traders begging for invites claim that they're done with trading. A few days later they traded the account.

After a while you stop feeling sorry about them. They'll only learn it the hard way when they get banned.

If they can't read and follow the number one tracker rule to keep their account safe, which is Do Not Trade, they simply don't deserve invites to other trackers.

It's not death penalty. It's just protecting your private accounts by not inviting anyone who is associated with trading.

The trackers don't give them a second chances because they broke their rules. Why should we? Reincorporating them is a waste of time.

Wait until you've been here for one year you'll see things differently.

I made countless post telling newcomers to stay away from trading. They didn't listen until they came back crying over their lost accounts. It's always the same.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Dude, I saw n00bs here promising that they'll never ever trade. The minute they had access to the invite section, they mad their first trade offer. Traders begging for invites claim that they're done with trading. A few days later they traded the account.

After a while you stop feeling sorry about them. They'll only learn it the hard way when they get banned.

If they can't read and follow the number one tracker rule to keep their account safe, which is Do Not Trade, they simply don't deserve invites to other trackers.

It's not death penalty. It's just protecting your private accounts by not inviting anyone who is associated with trading.

The trackers don't give them a second chances because they broke their rules. Why should we? Reincorporating them is a waste of time.

I made countless post telling newcomers to stay away from trading. They didn't listen until they came back crying over their lost accounts. It's always the same.
    You've got a point, but what if someone is just too lazy to read your posts? How long before he can be forgiven?

Some say never. I can't blame them. But I have seen people who have traded turn themselves around. It's rare, but not impossible.

PS: I like to read so I never traded.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

Agreed, very well said.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast