Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request GFT

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think the OP has interpreted it correctly. The site is no ratio so if he upped the torrent somewhere hundreds of people could use his passkey and leech it at no cost to his ratio (cause there is no ratio). So they disallow that, although it's pretty obvious you aren't allowed to do this anyways. I can't think of too many trackers that forbid you re-upping the scene releases elsewhere. Maybe packs would be a different story (even though they are normally packs of scene releases...)

GFT's rules are pretty vague but I just checked another tracker's faq about this rule and they were more specific and explain it the way the OP interprets it.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 08-01-2009 at 01:59 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    i think i came across an IRC channel #gft-invites on station51 irc network.
    didn't join or check it out though.. mayba ya can give it a shot.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    AMnesko's Avatar The Comedian BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    i think i came across an IRC channel #gft-invites on station51 irc network.
    didn't join or check it out though.. mayba ya can give it a shot.
    I tried th IRC before... and the staff said that the only way to join is trough a member with invites since the invite channel is closed.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I know somebody who got banned from SCC for uploading their stuff to what.CD.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    I know somebody who got banned from SCC for uploading their stuff to what.CD.
    Like some of their packs or something.... if it was just scene content, he could have gotten that from anywhere else.
    So still, can someone help me out?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    My thread totally went off topic... point is I really need this account. So please consider.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I think the thread is still on topic and no the guy wasn't banned coz of packs,it was coz of the freeleech 0day music that you would otherwise take for granted.

You may want to believe what you want but trackers don't like the idea of people uploading their stuff to other torrent sites.If you are a donor then maybe you may try to justify your thieving activities but trackers with as descent pre-times as GFTs probably spend good money to keep this going and i don't think they would be happy with the idea of sharing the fruits of their labour with some peasant torrent site out of romania especially given you guy'z reputation.

I Personally don't have a problem with the robin hood in you but as much as to the ghetto you may be a hero,to alot of people you would be considered a villain.
    And to those who still think am talking out of hot air,ask around about the drama that is surrounding the tracers regular topbytes.

That said,GFT will most likely ban the person who will invite you if they happen to know who it was meaning that at the end of the day its all comes down to keeping your business to yourself.

You made a good request that i probably shouldn't troll on(as much as i haven't had you rickroll'd ) but i think your version of facts was abit misconstrued.I think you'd make a good user on GFT as far as the basics go but next time i think you should try to be honest without being too honest,that way you increase your chances as you'll give more room for those amongst us that are a bit skeptical to actually consider you.

good luck n to whoever gathers enough courage to invite you i say mad props to em!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    I think the thread is still on topic and no the guy wasn't banned coz of packs,it was coz of the freeleech 0day music that you would otherwise take for granted.

You may want to believe what you want but trackers don't like the idea of people uploading their stuff to other torrent sites.If you are a donor then maybe you may try to justify your thieving activities but trackers with as descent pre-times as GFTs probably spend good money to keep this going and i don't think they would be happy with the idea of sharing the fruits of their labour with some peasant torrent site out of romania especially given you guy'z reputation.

I Personally don't have a problem with the robin hood in you but as much as to the ghetto you may be a hero,to alot of people you would be considered a villain.
    And to those who still think am talking out of hot air,ask around about the drama that is surrounding the tracers regular topbytes.

That said,GFT will most likely ban the person who will invite you if they happen to know who it was meaning that at the end of the day its all comes down to keeping your business to yourself.

You made a good request that i probably shouldn't troll on(as much as i haven't had you rickroll'd ) but i think your version of facts was abit misconstrued.I think you'd make a good user on GFT as far as the basics go but next time i think you should try to be honest without being too honest,that way you increase your chances as you'll give more room for those amongst us that are a bit skeptical to actually consider you.

good luck n to whoever gathers enough courage to invite you i say mad props to em!
    I call bullshit but whatever... you are welcome to stop spamming my thread.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Why do i even bother,different toilets same shit i guess.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    BarryWhite's Avatar Site Owner BT Rep: +4
    AMnesko, send me a pm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast