Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BluRay ISO A Go Go, Or A No No, Or a Slow Slow..?

drokk54's Avatar Poster
    I'm wishing the price of BluRay-R wud cum down quick, and give that scene a boost......

There's been a couple of BluRay releases here recently, .. Watchmen, Coraline, which i think are BD 25's......... (Just under £10 for a Verb, or 5,6,7 Punds for a "lesser" brand...... if these BD-25 ISO's are "burn" and play, like DVD5 ISO Movies, i wanna get a little BluRay thing going........... all this playing on PC or what ever dont grab me...........

I like to chill on the sofa, in front of big TV/Plasma etc.... and drop in the DVD5/DVD9/ BD25, Is the BluRay ISO's gonna let me do this>?
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by drokk54 View Post
    I'm wishing the price of BluRay-R wud cum down quick, and give that scene a boost......

There's been a couple of BluRay releases here recently, .. Watchmen, Coraline, which i think are BD 25's......... (Just under £10 for a Verb, or 5,6,7 Punds for a "lesser" brand...... if these BD-25 ISO's are "burn" and play, like DVD5 ISO Movies, i wanna get a little BluRay thing going........... all this playing on PC or what ever dont grab me...........

I like to chill on the sofa, in front of big TV/Plasma etc.... and drop in the DVD5/DVD9/ BD25, Is the BluRay ISO's gonna let me do this>?
    So get a media pc and hook it up to your tv through HDMI. Or get one of the streaming boxes, like popcorn hour. Waste of time/money to burn discs now, esp when hard drives are so cheap.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by drokk54 View Post

What's a "Verb"?
    What's a "BD-25"?

Outside of that, why would you want a BluRay in DVD5 or 9? It defeats the purpose in having the movie in BluRay.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    drokk54's Avatar Poster
    Verb... abreviation for Vermatim. Blank media manufacturer.
    BD 25, is a single layer BlurRay Recordable disk (25 gig).

"Outside of that, why would you want a BluRay in DVD5 or 9"

Tell that to the X264 makers......
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Get a Popcorn Hour man! they kick ass. You don't need to download huge Blu-Ray Isos. 1080p X264 rips look simply amazing! Oh yeah you just ftp your files to the HDD on the box so no DVD or BluRay media needed.

I think full ISO Blu-Ray rips are a total waste of bandwidth and time.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't think Popcorn Hour is the best solution in this instance.

If his TV were close enough to simply run cable from his PC, he could run HDMI straight to the television at a much cheaper cost than the $300+ BluRay ready Popcorn Hour machine. If he were looking to spend that sort of money, I assume he would just buy the BluRay burner.

The cheapest solution is what I do, running your sound and HDMI through the wall directly from the PC, though I don't know what his layout looks like so I'm not sure that's an option. I will say though that my audio cable and HDMI cable plus wall plates totaled me about $40.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-31-2009 at 11:26 PM.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I'm waiting for the price on BDs to come down a bit too. If it were $3-5 per and players were $200 for something decent I'd jump on it. I may bite the bullet within the year anyway and do more rentals.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I get better image quality from my Popcorn hour than having the HDMI cable coming from my video card to my TV. But I do have both setups

I love using my TV as a third monitor. It works awesome for emulators.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I get better image quality from my Popcorn hour than having the HDMI cable coming from my video card to my TV.
    The quality you'll get from streaming depends on a lot of factors. Everything from HDMI cable length, quality of cable, media player, GPU and computer specs, etc... I wouldn't change a thing about mine.

I run a 12 ft HDMI cable from my 8800GT to a 46" Toshiba LCD in my living room on the opposite wall. My TV, like yours, operates as a third monitor.

yo

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    drokk54's Avatar Poster
    So anyway, "wall drillers"........ does the Blueray ISO's burn to a BD-r, and boot up sweet in the PS3, or a BluRay standalone..... are are we not "there" yet.....?
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast