View Poll Results: Should the k-lite forum have a radio station, for EVERYONE to try out?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a great way for people to get to know each other and have fun.

56 76.71%
  • Yes, but if the creators of the old idea come up with a server and are ready to go then they can take over.

8 10.96%
  • No, I don't think it would work very well.

6 8.22%
  • No, I prefer to wait wait until the original creators come up with a server and a concept.

3 4.11%
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Kl Radio

Hiya,

today I had a little idea that could be a lot of fun for the KL Board users. What do you think about some sort of KL Radio where board users can stream their favorite music - yes that's right YOU could be the DJ for 1 hour and "moderate" your own show.

How it could work: I could setup a shoutcast server for KL Board users only and YOU can post what kind of show you want to make.

Some ideas would be:

- a group related show with background information about the group
    - a genre show with different groups but one style
    - a news show with YOUR favorite music and music news / suggestions
    - an introduction show where you can introduce yourself (if you are a DJ?)
    - an interactive greeting show where people can post greetings to this board and the moderator sends the greetings "ON AIR"

well I am sure that we would get a lot of interesting ideas.

Requirements:

- we have to find a weekday for YOUR show
    - you need winamp / the DJ plugin and a microphone (since a show needs a cool moderator right ? )
    - fast connection (128 upstream works fine)

Let me know what you think about this idea and if there are enough responses I might just setup a streaming server and the fun could start.

Greetings

2. Lounge   -   #2
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    if i remember rightly fc, ukman and a few others thought about doing this once...then i went away and i have no idea wahtever happened to their idea....

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    This is a really good idea. We have many talented members...

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Would this be like the EarthStation5 radio? But I thought UKMan already devised a scheme for a radio station to be created.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I know for a fact that JetAudio Plus has Shoutcast-compatible broadcasting intergrated, so JAP users may be able to contribute as well. Only real reason why I didn't start my own station off yet was because I've only got a couple of 320 albums so far (I know you can't really get above 128 and keep the bandwidth low, but those 320s are my collection as well )

Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing part of this Darker - Just PM those who are interested the needed settings once you've set it up

6. Lounge   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    A few of us (FC, UKMan, myself, etc.) had been doing this for a while, and we're trying to get a server together so that instead of having several separate stations streaming at different times, we could have one common station and take shifts running it (DJing so to speak).

I still love the idea, we used to have a blast with this. What software are you looking at using? We were using shoutcast previously, if you want to do some testing with it, let me know. I'll be offline for a few days, but when I get back on, I'd love to help set it up.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Oh I didn't know that something like that was already going on

But maybe this is a bit different since my idea wasn't to have it constantly online (too much work involved) - I think something like once per week - let's say friday or saturday for a few hours would be something that brings the KL community a bit closer together

If this interrupts your ideas etc I will just not do it since i respect your idea

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Can someone pls decide who's running KLDB's Radio server?

I've been meaning to try out the JetCast Server broadcasting and I wouldn't mind knowing who to request some broadcasting time from

9. Lounge   -   #9
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by Illuminati@29 September 2003 - 13:13
    Can someone pls decide who's running KLDB's Radio server?

I've been meaning to try out the JetCast Server broadcasting and I wouldn't mind knowing who to request some broadcasting time from
    We haven't been running them for a while

Well at least UKMan and myself haven't - we were each running an individual stream though. So when I went offline and UKMan came online, you had to actually switch to a different server to keep listening.

That's why I like Darker's idea of a central server, it's exactly what we were looking for before, but we couldn't find someone to host it.

I'm not sure if someone else has picked up the ball and run with it in the meantime? FC might know.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    a kl radio would be great, the individual streams where good but you never knew when they were on.

a slot for regulars to play a bit of new music to their peers would be top notch.
    maybe say weekends would be excellent. im sure we would get enough members to fill plenty of slots.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast