VirtualDub 1.5.5 (experimental) released
VirtualDub is a video capture and processing program. It features fast capturing, process files larger than the 2 gigabyte limit, optimized for linear editing, support for Motion-JPEG, MPEG-1 video and layer 3 audio, real-time and near-realtime video processing, video job queues, and much more.
What's New in This Release:
· Partial Unicode support -- you can now open and save files using Unicode filenames.
· "Chroma smoother" video filter refilters point-sampled chroma with linear interpolation.
· Single-stream cut & paste. (Be patient....)
· Improved performance of AVI parser, particularly for
· Direct mode streaming.
· Improved performance of bicubic upsampler.
· Audio filter graph now shows intermediate audio formats on connections.
· Audio filters can now be plugins.
· New MPEG-1 video core (Meia) -- full vertical clipping. Horizontal clipping is still by macroblock.
· Rewrote display code -- DirectDraw support is now automatic.
· Log windows now have a context menu for clearing, copying, and saving the log text.
· Modified AVI2 indexing to relax indexing restrictions somewhat, although it's still not user configurable yet.
Hex editor occasionally displayed the wrong data after a find or save command.
· "Attach extension" option didn't work for signpost save dialog.
· Fixed crash when I/O errors occur during a processing operation, and then occur again when attempting to gracefully finalize the partial output file.
· "Clear" didn't work in audio filter graph.
· Fixed I/O errors when attempting to push audio forward with advanced audio filtering enabled.
· "Go to" command didn't handle timestamps with fractional seconds that only had 1 or 2 decimal digits.
· "General convolution" generated bad code for factors of 2, 4, and 8 when dynamic compilation was enabled.
· Interleave periods of zero are no longer allowed.
· Added workaround for crash or hang when compressing with the "3ivx D4 4.0.4" video codec.
· Fixed non-interleaved save mode and made it cooperate with segmentation.
· Added workaround for heap corruption when processing audio in advanced mode sourced from some versions of Avisynth.
· Clarified DivX warning to note that it doesn't apply to the DivX 4+ codecs.
· Fixed filter cropping not working properly when "motion blur" was the first filter in the chain.