Thread: Virtualdub 1.5.5.17881

Retired
    VirtualDub 1.5.5 (experimental) released

Softnews download
    Virtualdub website

VirtualDub is a video capture and processing program. It features fast capturing, process files larger than the 2 gigabyte limit, optimized for linear editing, support for Motion-JPEG, MPEG-1 video and layer 3 audio, real-time and near-realtime video processing, video job queues, and much more.

What's New in This Release:

[features added]

· Partial Unicode support -- you can now open and save files using Unicode filenames.
    · "Chroma smoother" video filter refilters point-sampled chroma with linear interpolation.
    · Single-stream cut & paste. (Be patient....)
    · Improved performance of AVI parser, particularly for
    · Direct mode streaming.
    · Improved performance of bicubic upsampler.
    · Audio filter graph now shows intermediate audio formats on connections.
    · Audio filters can now be plugins.
    · New MPEG-1 video core (Meia) -- full vertical clipping. Horizontal clipping is still by macroblock.
    · Rewrote display code -- DirectDraw support is now automatic.
    · Log windows now have a context menu for clearing, copying, and saving the log text.
    · Modified AVI2 indexing to relax indexing restrictions somewhat, although it's still not user configurable yet.

[bugs fixed]

Hex editor occasionally displayed the wrong data after a find or save command.
    · "Attach extension" option didn't work for signpost save dialog.
    · Fixed crash when I/O errors occur during a processing operation, and then occur again when attempting to gracefully finalize the partial output file.
    · "Clear" didn't work in audio filter graph.
    · Fixed I/O errors when attempting to push audio forward with advanced audio filtering enabled.
    · "Go to" command didn't handle timestamps with fractional seconds that only had 1 or 2 decimal digits.
    · "General convolution" generated bad code for factors of 2, 4, and 8 when dynamic compilation was enabled.
    · Interleave periods of zero are no longer allowed.
    · Added workaround for crash or hang when compressing with the "3ivx D4 4.0.4" video codec.
    · Fixed non-interleaved save mode and made it cooperate with segmentation.
    · Added workaround for heap corruption when processing audio in advanced mode sourced from some versions of Avisynth.
    · Clarified DivX warning to note that it doesn't apply to the DivX 4+ codecs.
    · Fixed filter cropping not working properly when "motion blur" was the first filter in the chain.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    not only that ike but there is a new dvd2avi being written right now that solves the framedrop bug when you use source selection

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    VirtualDub 1.5.5 (experimental) released

Softnews download
    Thanks IKE but i have a problem with Softnews ,i can't download anything ,or view a screenshoot,when i click on download button nothing happend ,any ideea why ?is some script or something.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1