Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLURAY Rips--- EasyPlay on DISK...... Solution..?

drokk54's Avatar Poster
    -----Re: Serenity 2005 1080p BD9 x264-DOWN

These instructions were provided with this title...

""- For playback on ps3/bluray-player run mkv2bluray.bat and chose "B".

This will convert the mkv to bluray and create an image that will play

in the PS3 or a Bluray Player.""

Just a daft question........... if i grab another x264 title, and re-name the filename to the same as this title,
    and run the .bat file that comes with THIS title, choose option "B".......
    will it give me a working iso image for PS3 / DVD player, the same way as it will for this title?

Its just that not many groups, are prividing a .BAT file for easy conversion to something that can be played in BluRay standalone, Or PS3........ i just wondered about this easy workaround?

Thanks!........
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    n00b
    Sounds like it would go, but I would see if the audio and video quality are the same and the audio codec, I'm not sure if mkv has different kinds.
    But theoretically it should work and since its a .bat should be easy as long as their isn't any keys or codes specific to different discs.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    drokk54's Avatar Poster
    Yup......... gonna give it a go........ TNX......

I really am just after the most simple way i can get a 1080p blueray rip x264 to disk in a format that will boot just like a dvd, in bluray player or PS3.

The way they are being released at the moment tho, its made a ball ache un less ya gonna stream or run off HD.........
    Last edited by drokk54; 08-04-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Why don't you just Google it, or stream it?

If you Google it, you will find all kinds of software that will do it.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    open the .bat in a text editor (like notepad) and copy/paste the contents. I'm curious what it's doing.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    tufu1019's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Usually I use Tsmuxer to do this job.
    Don't have any experience with mkv2bluray.bat.
    But someone said(from google):
    "PS3, BD standalone:
    - extract all files to the same directory
    - run the batch file (.bat)

mkv2bluray is specific to this release and will not
    enable other releases to play in BD standalone or PS3"

So,maybe the attached mkv2bluray.bat file is specific to the relaese. You may need to change the content of the bat file for another release.
    Just my guess.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    drokk54's Avatar Poster
    Hmmm Interesting......... Ya would think that some clever chap would come up with a cool util that would act as a simple "mkv2bluray" util...... that would fix all....! That would be NICE!
    Judge Drokk-ANARCHY

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just use tsmuxer to create a avchd disk. I am pretty sure that the PS3 can play the files if they are in that disk format. On 1080p releases you are not gonna fit them onto a DVD9 so you can just play them with external harddrive or a large thumbdrive

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    This all gets into areas I brought up in another part of this board, and the basic conflict is... what should one do with the x264 files, whatever container they happen to be in (AVCHD, mkv, ts, you name it).

I broke down almost two months ago and bought a PCH (popcorn hour) box. One of the main reasons was, I was at my wits end a bit trying to get any of the PD (or shareware) display/movie programs to play all the types of files I was throwing at it; I might add that NONE of the commercial programs (from NERO to Cyberlink to ?) would play all of them either, without failing on one or the other. The PCH has a few failings, but has done a LOT better than me 'tinkering' around with all kinds of add-ons, fixes, etc,, to those programs (not to mention the hassles of the PC graphics boards, NVidia or ATI, I have BOTH).

File size, no matter what type container, is a 'problem'. If the file isn't specifically 'sized' to dvd5/dvd9 (or smaller), then you're stuck saving it either to multiple removable discs, or onto hard drives (you'll notice that lots of AVCHD stuff aimed at the PS3 market IS sized to those sizes).

As I'm sitting here trying to 'repair' a 'small' 2TB linux RAID1 array (don't know if I can 'recover' the discs, the array is grinding away at it though), saving things to HD is eventually problematic. Right now I'm trying to decide on either 'reclaiming' an older Athlon64 system that has a motherboard-based RAID5 system (limited to 6-SATA drives), or pony up for the unRAID box/system (bare sans-discs prices are around $1500).

Right now I'm leaning toward putting a x1/PCIexpress card to 'power' the boot drive on that Athlon64 system (luckily has several free PCIexpress slots, up to an x4), leaving all 6 SATA ports free for a 7.5TB array (with 1.5TB drives); that will be around $700+ to do.

Just since I got the PCH, I've filled up almost 3 1.5TB drives spread around my LAN. A couple things to keep your eye on, is what the resolution, audio (DTS is much preferred coming off the high resolution soundtracks of the BluRay discs), extra audio (dir. commentary and such), captioning, and most important, the bit rate.

Most movies have been done just about every which way one can think of, so you have a 'choice'. But just like recoding SD DVD's, it may be that doing it yourself may be the best option.
    Last edited by Beck38; 08-12-2009 at 11:37 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Just use tsmuxer to create a avchd disk. I am pretty sure that the PS3 can play the files if they are in that disk format. On 1080p releases you are not gonna fit them onto a DVD9 so you can just play them with external harddrive or a large thumbdrive

If you wait 6 months or so, BD blank media should be cheap enough, I'm see BD player dropping below $150. This would be the way to go, if the PS3 reads them, do what he said above AVCHD disk, but burn it to BD-RE

I'm cheap, as long as it works, ok for me

So this would be my way if I had a set-top player (I think set-top BD players connect to external storage drives and can be played form them), but I would buy a drive ($136.99)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-BDR-.../dp/B001WAJ2VU

And buy some BD-RE's.
    $8 for 2 http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-BD-RE-25...d_sim_dbs_ce_2

or $3 for 1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-BD-RE-B...d_sim_dbs_ce_3

but only single layer @25GB

Still 1080p rips are well below that, well generally speaking they are.
    [center]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast