Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: System Shutdown

If you disconnect your computer from its broadband connection, it does not shut down. Remove the cable from the network card or unplug the USB cable modem, if u have one.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    sorry nikita69 do you mean me?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    File:FixBlast.exe
    Length:168640 Bytes, 164KB
    UUHash:=T8pKXe2K09Vrx5cfkUsu6z9t/f8=

If you are on XP and able to use your internet connection long enough. I never had to use this myself, but I thought it best to be prepared.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    start-run-msconfig - take msblaster.exe out of the star up list, reboot download and install the service pack and the patch.

Edit: and the removal tool from norton

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by plasticman1@2 October 2003 - 03:06
    sorry nikita69 do you mean me?
    yes

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    there are 4-6 versions of msblast.. they arnt that stupid in other versions.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by toddiscool@1 October 2003 - 22:08
    start-run-msconfig - take msblaster.exe out of the star up list, reboot download and install the service pack and the patch.

Edit: and the removal tool from norton
    he said it wasn't ms blaster..
    ice ice baby

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Its the MBlast, i think he just didnt find think found it, well i had it hold on well i get how to get rid of it. It hell that same thing, also you need a firewall, sygate works best.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    To clean out Blaster yourself, start by physically disconnecting the computer from the network and Internet. Then kill off the MSBLAST.EXE process. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager – in Windows 2000 you'll also click the Task Manager button. Click the Processes tab, highlight MSBLAST.EXE in the list, and click the End Process button.

The MSBLAST.EXE program is launched at startup from a Registry entry. Launch REGEDIT from the Start menu's Run dialog and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. In the right-hand pane you should see a value whose name is "windows auto update" and whose data is MSBLAST.EXE. Delete this value. If for some reason you couldn't kill off the MSBLAST.EXE process in the preceding step, restart the computer at this point.

Use Search from the Start menu to locate all instances of files named MSBLAST.EXE and delete them. Next, disable DCOM temporarily. Launch DCOMCNFG.EXE from the Start menu's Run dialog. Those running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 will now need to navigate to Console Root\Component Services\Computers\My Computer, then right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Default Properties tab, un-check "Enable Distributed COM on this computer", and click OK.

Now you can reconnect the computer to the network –- even if Blaster were to attack your system again it can't function with DCOM disabled. The first thing you must do is download and install a personal firewall – you can get a free one from ZoneLabs or Sygate. Once the personal firewall is up and running, go back and re-enable DCOM. Finally, install the Microsoft patch that blocks the vulnerability exploited by Blaster. Just think, if you had done that when it was announced Blaster could never have hit your system

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    cheers everyone got it sorted it was the blaster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast