Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the big deal?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    This has Obama fans upset, I guess.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/200...poster-outrage
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You'd guess wrong.
    Then again, ignoring the bile and lies from the right has become second nature to me.

Why look, I even clicked on a FauxNews link, so see?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Ah - then my concern is assuaged.

Good to see B.O.'s fans are made of sturdier stuff.

I wonder, then, why B.O. is urging his big tough senators and representatives to "punch back, twice as hard", and his societal cohort to rat out those who make "fishy" statements.

What does he take you for, a bunch of pussies?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I wonder, then, why B.O. is urging his big tough senators and representatives to "punch back, twice as hard", and his societal cohort to rat out those who make "fishy" statements.
    Since the entire Republican platform since Obama has been in office consists of deflecting attention from substantive issues- see "Tea Party", and "Birthers"- or simply obfuscating debate about major goals with outright lies and distortions- reference Sarah Palin's screed against health care reform in today's news- it became necessary to step up the efforts to actually present the facts.

In essence, bitch slap the noisy morons who are slowing down progress.

So, politics as usual.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Since the entire Republican platform since Obama has been in office consists of deflecting attention from substantive issues- see "Tea Party", and "Birthers"- or simply obfuscating debate about major goals with outright lies and distortions- reference Sarah Palin's screed against health care reform in today's news- it became necessary to step up the efforts to actually present the facts.

In essence, bitch slap the noisy morons who are slowing down progress.

So, politics as usual.
    Delete "republican" and "Obama" and insert democrat and Bush.

Exactly right - politics as usual.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    There is no comparison.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    There is no comparison.
    Quite right, the democrat overstep dwarfs the republican one.

One might cynically say that what you all claim has been an ongoing U.S. jihad against the rest of the planet (only under republicans, mind) has..."come home to roost", in the form of a slavering band of repressive and progressive wing-nuts with a nose for opportunity.

Yes...and quite simple, as well.

Perhaps too simple - we shall see.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    You know, we really ought to take our little two-man show to Broadway, or (at least) try to swing a deal with PBS/NPR.

I will handle any monies/remuneration involved, in order to keep your ideology and motivations pure...mine, too, I suppose.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    You know, we really ought to take our little two-man show to Broadway, or (at least) try to swing a deal with PBS/NPR.

I will handle any monies/remuneration involved, in order to keep your ideology and motivations pure...mine, too, I suppose.
    the bottom line is obama is black...thats why its a big deal.
    take that however you want.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    You mean this "post-racial" stuff isn't true?

Uh-oh.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast