Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

Poster
    ive noticed alot of people on this board that dont like dbz. i was just wondering do you people actually have a reason for hating it ? or do you just say you hate it because everyone else sais they hate it ?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    i dont hate it. best anime of all time.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    yeah its one of my favourites for sure. i dont understand how people cant like it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I quite like it, but there are things that I hate about it.

I watch it on Cartoon Network, and they love to stick adverts into the show every 7 minutes.. this gets right under my skin.

Normally I wouldn't care about that, but it's aggravated by another thing that I hate about DBZ... they drag out the action for way too long.

Then there's the repeatedly recycled animation...

And the fact that they spend 20 minutes of the episode getting to any action and then it all goes off in the last 5 minutes... the plot finally starts to advance, then suddenly the narrator chimes in with "What will happen next? Stay tuned..." and then the credits are rolling and you have go through it all over the next day.

If cartoons were shown in hell, they would use the same format.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    The Last SAGA (with Boo and all that Superman crap) was really a big SHIT

But i liked the Freezer-SAGA and maybe the Cell stuff was still ok, but after that it became a ****....

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    well thats not entirely true, i think the only saga that dragged on for an extremley long time was the freiza saga. that anoyed me the first time i watched it, day after day after day without the fight of gkou and frieza starting.

but after i got my old video tapes out from the cupboard and watched what i had recorded from tv, it was actually quite good just listning to what they were saying.

another good thing about dbz is the comedy. goku, vegeta and goten are pretty damn funny in the series.

repeated animation - ok ive seen lots of people saying thats the reason they hate dbz, although i havent actually seen another anime that had fight scenes without it being repetitive. there are some fight wich actually look un-repetitive and look real, but if you will notice all those scenes are slow fighting scenes. and dbz is all about power and speed.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i really like dbz and i think i'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed dbgt.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by huuramis@6 October 2003 - 04:27
    i think the only saga that dragged on for an extremley long time was the freiza saga. that anoyed me the first time i watched it, day after day after day without the fight of gkou and frieza starting.
    Yeah that sucked... and then what about the end of the fight too?
    It was all like "Oh no! Planet Namek is gonna explode in 1 minute's time!!!"
    That one minute took about 2 damn weeks before the planet finally popped!

The Cell Saga dragged on for ages too! I thought that green sod would never bloody die!

you will notice all those scenes are slow fighting scenes. and dbz is all about power and speed.
    errr.. ok, but that sounds like a contradiction to me.
    When I see a fight scene that is supposed to be taking place at hyper-accelerated speed, shouldn't the plot development reflect that by speeding up too? Not slowing to a snail's pace.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing when you say that DBZ is great stuff, it is.

The art is fantastic... I love the way they manage to pull off catastrophic cosmic events like planets exploding and the universe's fabric ripping and just the sheer gorgeousness of the natural world, while still retaining that hand-drawn artistic style.

That in itself is a brilliant achievement and they deserve a truckload of awards for it.
    That's why I keep coming back.

I just think they need to tighten things up with the storyline is all, and then it'll be perfection.

Edit: typos

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    yeah about the story line, i dont know if the americanized version has a different plot or not. but either way i liked the story in the americanised version too.

if i end up gettin a better connection i will try get the japanese version and see if someones willing to sub them, or if they are already subbed and check if the plot is different.

yeah the cell saga did drag for a bit, but cell was one of my favourite characters wich made it easier to watch.

Vegeta is my abosolute favourite character in dbz, i liked him in every episode, EXEPT ONE!, the one where he lets cell absored the other andriod, he was a real dickead in that episode.

hmmm dbgt, i only ended up downloading about 14 of those episodes, they seem awesome. bit more funnier then dbz.

edit: when i said you will notice those scenes are slower, i meant the fighting isnt just full on bashing each other, they actually show a puaseing after each punch or kick and it looks pretty good. if the whole series was like that it would have been awwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

if you dunno what i mean still, watch the episode where krillin is training with android 18 for the tournament and they show some pretty good martial arts instead of just showing arms and legs flying around everywhere.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Vegeta is my abosolute favourite character in dbz
    hey me too! vegeta is the best!
    hmmm dbgt, i only ended up downloading about 14 of those episodes, they seem awesome. bit more funnier then dbz
    i am a die hard dragon ball fan, but i have to say dbgt is quite dissapointing. it's like a crappy cheesy spin-off of dbz. super saiyan 4 is not as awesome as super saiyan 3 like i thought it would be. and it's really not that funny like it used to be, some parts are pretty "gay", if that's the word. well, maybe i set my expectations too high. dragon ball would have been better if it ended after the Buu saga, seriously. B)

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast